Bike won’t turn off!

There was a big issue with this on some of the s1000r's. My son could only turn his off by disconnecting the battery, when he complained to BMW, they wouldn't do anything about it and told him is was specific to his bike and he had to pay for a new ignition module. It is clearly a common problem that they will not accept!!!!!

Time to send the bike back as “not fit for purpose” ?

There was a big issue with this on some of the s1000r's. My son could only turn his off by disconnecting the battery, when he complained to BMW, they wouldn't do anything about it and told him is was specific to his bike and he had to pay for a new ignition module. It is clearly a common problem that they will not accept!!!!!

Definitely not specific to his bike but not exactly widespread either from what I can see. Check this out https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/...ure-2-wont-turn-off-dead-battery-again-2.html

It’s so irritating because it’s intermittent. I had the bike booked in again and this time they were going to loan me a R1200GS and the last loaner was not suitable. But typical, I damaged some ligaments in the gym and had to postpone.
Is replacing the ignition the solution as that didn’t work. I’ll put a wingnut on the battery cover and put in a battery master switch in line to disconnect it easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom