R1200GSA Triple Black with GS Alloy Wheels - Pics

Well I like it as it is :D

Haha, WTF does that actually mean?

As you can't see them yourself while riding, it's probably something to do with projecting an image to others. Maybe spoked wheels are thought to look more macho, so then the owner feels more macho himself. Personally I don't care what other people think and don't understand this image thing. Just use stuff that best meets your actual requirements, rather than choosing based on what others may think. If you actually need spoked wheels, then fine, otherwise cast wheels are probably more practical.

As you can't see them yourself while riding, it's probably something to do with projecting an image to others. Maybe spoked wheels are thought to look more macho, so then the owner feels more macho himself. Personally I don't care what other people think and don't understand this image thing. Just use stuff that best meets your actual requirements, rather than choosing based on what others may think. If you actually need spoked wheels, then fine, otherwise cast wheels are probably more practical.

Yeah, thats my thoughts exactly. :D

I agree.

Z4mnSMh.jpg

I've been thinking about treating myself to one of those Wunderlich seats? What do you think of yours? Is it worth buying one?

Yep, I think it is. But, just like screens, seats are very personal (and many other things such as tyres, oil, etc. :D).

Isn't there a Wunderlich dealer nearby you where you can test it? I took a 2 hour test ride before I decided to buy it.

Haha, WTF does that actually mean?

The original post you asked what people thought about them?
In my opinion I think spoked wheels look more classy or to put it another way I think they just suit the bike better

No one really gives a fuck - do as you please.

(Spokes are much better)

Obviously Im in the minority, but it would be cast alloys for me every time:D

No one really gives a fuck - do as you please.

(Spokes are much better)

Haha, I know, and I do :D

I wish BMW would offer the cast wheels as Factory Fit option on the GSA as it is a good Road Tourer.

Obviously Im in the minority, but it would be cast alloys for me every time:D

Maybe you're not in the minority, maybe more people would have them if given the option.

Warlord i'm with you , I have both sets as well , shit weather ,alloys all day.
spokes in the fine weather.

Black alloys for me, not fussed about spoked wheels.

How much for a set of alloys ? Fed up of cleaning mine through the winter:mad:

I bought mine off eBay.

They cost me £580 and for that money I got:-

i) Front & Rear BMW R1200GS Alloy Wheel
ii) Front & Rear TPMS Tyre Pressure Valve sensors in working order
iii) Front and Rear Michelin Pilot Trail tyres, in very good condition, fitted and balanced correctly.
iv) ABS Reluctor Ring with bolts.
v) Paintwork in good condition, although around the front wheel disc mounting lugs the paint had corroded away (it's very difficult to clean around that area when the discs are in situ).

What I didn't get was the brake discs. But you could take these off your spoked wheels and transfer them over to these alloy wheels. But, for convenience I chose not to do that and I bought a new set of Brembo brake discs and mounting bolts.

The Brembo discs cost me £200 and the bolts cost me £30 (so you can either add this or ignore this cost, depending on what you want to do). I prefer to have the option to just swap the wheel sets over on a whim... so paid for extra brake discs

Attachments

• Order.jpg
    Order.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 438
Because the paint had corroded, and the rest of the wheel was in such good condition, I chose not to acid dip, clean and repaint the whole lot.

Instead, I bought some cheap paint off eBay which cost me £4.99 delivered

BMW GRANIT GREY MET MATT PAINT CODE: 963 TOUCH UP MOTORCYCLE BIKE

The corrosion was only behind the mounting lugs.... So I sanded them down, primer hand painted with Hammerite All Metals Primer, then hand painted with touch up paint.

The finish isn't perfect, but it doesn't matter as at least it is now protected, no flaking paint, and you can't see it behind the brake discs anyways. :D

If you overspill paint onto the mounting lug surface, use a clean razor blade to cleanly scrape it back off after 12 hours of each paint coat.

For £4.99 it's a very effective fix.

Attachments

• Rough 1.jpg
    Rough 1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Rough 2.jpg
    Rough 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 448
  • Paint 1.jpg
    Paint 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Painted 1.jpg