R1200GSA Triple Black with GS Alloy Wheels - Pics

I then bought this EL-50448 TPMS Activation Tool from China for £ 5.99

Stick a 9v battery in it and press the button by your tyres TPMS Sensor. It then sends a 'start up' signal to the wheel.

Using my OBDLink MX Bluetooth device and my MotoScan Smartphone App, I can then reset and synchronise the new sensors onto the bike.

Took 5 minutes, cost £5.99 and all done.

This is the only task you have to do when swapping the wheels over, and takes 5 minutes each time :cool:

Attachments

• EL-50448.jpg
    EL-50448.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 466
Warlord i'm with you , I have both sets as well , shit weather ,alloys all day.
spokes in the fine weather.

I went out the other day in horrible weather, sooooooo nice to just wipe these alloys down with a wash mitt, soooo easy.

No regrets :D

Oh... and when mounting the brake discs onto the wheel, I cleaned out the threads using a £30 Halfords tap and die kit. Then used compressed air to blow out the crap (dirt and loctite).

The new bolts went in sweet and all torqued up nice.

Happy Days :cool:

Blimey, he only asked how much they were, not for your life story! :blast:D

Having been out in the road mud again today, got home to wash the bike and ALLOY wheels are a pleasure to clean compared to spoked wheels.

Much much better.

Having been out in the road mud again today, got home to wash the bike and ALLOY wheels are a pleasure to clean compared to spoked wheels.

Much much better.

They’re even easier to clean when they’re black. ;)

They’re even easier to clean when they’re black. ;)

Nope, I've decided to leave the colour as they are. Granite Grey.

Maybe it looks different in real life, but so far everyone whos seen it says it looks good. I think the same as it picks out they grey colour in the frame, engine covers etc.

Black is wack. :D

I decided for ceramic coating of the muffler and heat shield. I’ll be picking them up this weekend. Still need to have the crash bars and case rack powder coated. I’m thinking of black for the case rack and the gray of the frame for the crash bars ...

n69vFJi.jpg

I decided for ceramic coating of the muffler and heat shield. I’ll be picking them up this weekend. Still need to have the crash bars and case rack powder coated. I’m thinking of black for the case rack and the gray of the frame for the crash bars ...

Looks good, how much did Ceramic Coating cost?

Ceramic coating is more expensive than powder coating. I paid € 144 for the coating itself (ceramic coating is offered by only a few companies in the NL). The actual coating was done by a UK company, Zircotec.

Ceramic coating is more expensive than powder coating. I paid € 144 for the coating itself (ceramic coating is offered by only a few companies in the NL). The actual coating was done by a UK company, Zircotec.

Ouch. but still cheap compared to a new exhaust.

I like powder coating as if you drop your bike it'll be cheap to fix with powercoating... :D

My Africa Twin gets beaten up and dropped all the time, so it a very quick paintjob fix (albeit I haven't bothered as I like the warfare scratches and dents) :p

That was exactly my thought. I have considered powdercoating, but I don't know how that will keep on warm/hot surfaces. Didn't feel like finding out the hard way ...

It's no problem on our bikes.... it will flake off the inside of your heat guard, and the square tips of the exhaust... but all these areas are hidden.

All the parts you can see, dont flake and powdercoat holds up well...

Did mine with a spray can of high temp paint (the one you use on firepalaces), 3€ and still ok after 2 months and if I need to touch it up will be another 3€ :D

Did mine with a spray can of high temp paint (the one you use on firepalaces), 3€ and still ok after 2 months and if I need to touch it up will be another 3€ :D

Yeah, no reason that wouldn't work.

Any Pics :)

Back
Top Bottom