Anyone use Post Office broadband?

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
My BT contract has just expired and, having made a call, they are prepared to knock £10 off each month.

However, the Post Office, no doubt using the same wires and fibre, offer an almost identical service for £20 less than my discounted BT price.

Are they any good? How do they fair when their service goes tits up?

:nenau

You could try Plusnet. They are owned by BT and use their lines but price is good and service too.

Post Office is provided via TalkTalk - they get poor reviews for customer service but I was happy with them for 18 months and have recently extended my contract for a lower rate, but the did reduce my perks in that I do not get such a big discount on my phone SIM. £22.50 a month for what Post Office are offering for £32 here https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/fibre-broadband/plus

Check for TalkTalk service reviews in your area as they have, like most providers, congestion problems in some areas.

I would also go to Martin Lewis' website and look at the best deals on offer. Plusnet were offering some incentives. Also look at cashback sites such as Quidco and Topcashback. Comparison sites like Uswitch will also find you a better rate.

We are with plusnet on fibre optic, can’t fault it and the customer service is uk based and second to none. My only negative is that the router is no where near as good as a bt hub. This is only a problem if you have many devices and/or the devils spawn (kids)
Also, if your willing to pay for a year upfront then you can generally get some pretty good deals with plusnet
We used to be with talk talk and I swear I will never use them for anything ever again, they are the most useless waste of shite customer service company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Even worse than yodel, Hermes etc.

Thanks chaps.

I've signed up with Plusnet for about half the price I was paying to BT for the same service.

Thanks chaps.

I've signed up with Plusnet for about half the price I was paying to BT for the same service.

Been with them for a couple of years now. I blagged a twelve month BB contract so that it
expires at the same time as the upfront line rental payment otherwise the line rental expires
but the BB doesn't so you are tied to them anyway for two years even though the line rental contract has expired.

Thanks chaps.

Having signed up with Plusnet, BT has come back with an even cheaper offer than Plusnet for the same service I have now. So I've cancelled Plusnet and from January, I'll be paying BT a little more than one-third of my current price!

Bastids!!

Back
Top Bottom