Colombia to Panama, Advice Please

gbags

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m approaching Colombia and had thought about the Stahlratte ferry but I’m looking for options as the ferry stops soon. I’d have to sprint through Ecuador and Colombia to get it. Their season ends in 12 days.

I know that private yachts were an option a while back but apparently Colombia has banned them carrying bikes to Panama.

Does anyone have any recent good suggestions and recommendations for flying my bike from Colombia to Panama? Which companies did you like? Where do they fly from and do you have contact details?

I’ve been reading the threads but I’d prefer to get personal, recent thought.

Many thanks,

Graham, Cuenca, Dec ‘18

My mate's bike is on it's way to Colombia . . . . . . he's got a lot of experience in Overlanding. His advice to you is try to get it into a shipping container but if you can't then email "Boris a local fixer for a container space boris_jaramillo@hotmail.com I hope this helps.

Lyn Cargo S,A,S

This company is in Bogota. I used them and they were good. You will fly your bike from Bogota airport on a cargo plane and take a commercial flight yourself.

You may even get one of these. :thumb2

Attachments

• Lyn Cargo.jpg
    Lyn Cargo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 141
Thank you both. I’ll chase them up.

Plenty of advice and ideas coming in on UKGSer and Adventure Rider. No answers at all on HU.

Thank you both. I’ll chase them up.

Plenty of advice and ideas coming in on UKGSer and Adventure Rider. No answers at all on HU.

PM Onhellas. He’s in Oz at the moment but posting up his travels on ABR and great at getting back to you. He flew his bike across as far as I remember.

I’m surprised about HU, are you posting in the right section? - best go to the area section ie Central/South America, there’s usually someone travelling through there.

Good luck
:thumby:

Sorry, just looked at the HUBB and seen your post in that section. I guess you’re too late for that container that’s going in December. Also noticed a similar post about three quarters down the first page - it’s from earlier in the year but loads of good info- links to web sites etc...

Cheers

PM Onhellas. He’s in Oz at the moment but posting up his travels on ABR and great at getting back to you. He flew his bike across as far as I remember.

I’m surprised about HU, are you posting in the right section? - best go to the area section ie Central/South America, there’s usually someone travelling through there.

Good luck
:thumby:

Thanks for the vote of confidence there gspod. It’s appreciated.

So my experience was from Panama to Colombia and I had three wheels on my GS.
Have a look at AirCargoPack.com
I used them and they were first class. Two Americans that we’d met along the way flew their solo bikes with them too and also rated the company. The boss, John, is a real Gentleman.
The price was US$1000 all in. No hidden charges or anything else to pay.

Good luck gbags, ride safe.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there gspod. It’s appreciated.

So my experience was from Panama to Colombia and I had three wheels on my GS.
Have a look at AirCargoPack.com
I used them and they were first class. Two Americans that we’d met along the way flew their solo bikes with them too and also rated the company. The boss, John, is a real Gentleman.
The price was US$1000 all in. No hidden charges or anything else to pay.

Good luck gbags, ride safe.

Ha - told him were good at getting back to people :D

Enjoying your Oz travels :beerjug:

Best wishes

Ha - told him were good at getting back to people :D

Enjoying your Oz travels :beerjug:

Best wishes

The OZ lap is complete, we’re are back in Sydney.
Our bikes are with the packers/shippers and will hopefully make it to New Zealand.
It’s going to take about a month because of a two week Christmas shutdown!
Bugger!

🍻 Cheers.

Shipping

Thanks boys,

Hellas has helped me lots already with the planning phase. I’ll try that company. I’ve spoken to three companies already but you can’t argue with that price and recommendation.

We’ll trundle around Colombia first for a while though as people are on holiday now.

As to HU, I posted in the South America and Central America forums. The other thing to say about HU, great though it is, is that sometimes you read some tip and then realise it’s ten years out of date.

Back
Top Bottom