iPhone holder/charger advice

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All.

I want to be able to see my iPhone X and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a mount that they've used. I'd also like to be able to charge it so the battery isn't drained while it's on.

I had a quick look at Nippy Normans but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

Get a quad lock - brilliant bits of kit

10% discount via this link - http://quadlock.refr.cc/VKZBWG5

Thank you for that. I did look at these but I know if I go out on the bike anywhere, after an hour with the screen on, the iPhone will be super low on battery and I'd like a solution that includes an ability to charge. I did look at (I think) a small solid GIVI tank bag that included a cable that came through the bag in to the top of the case where the phone could sit. The issue with that was that you can't swipe the phone without taking it out.

As far as I know the phone is waterproof. So you don’t need a waterproof case. I bought a plastic seetrough case and siliconed it to the satnav/blank cover. I can send you a picture if you like. JJH

Thank you for that. I did look at these but I know if I go out on the bike anywhere, after an hour with the screen on, the iPhone will be super low on battery and I'd like a solution that includes an ability to charge. I did look at (I think) a small solid GIVI tank bag that included a cable that came through the bag in to the top of the case where the phone could sit. The issue with that was that you can't swipe the phone without taking it out.

I find with my iPhone 8 I’m good for half a day navigating without a power pack (did 4 hours satnav and 4 hours off bike no issues a couple weeks back) if I know it’s going to be a long day I have a power pack that I use off the bike but I’m fitting a din socket with usb so I can charge the phone on the run as well

You can power the phone from the aux power socket in the dash...! Quadlock do a waterproof 'poncho' that goes over the phone and you can then access the charger port at the bottom... just cut the gap open where indicated. Works for me and have never had any issue with charging/continuous power in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom