Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled , ridden?

Impressive riding through the muddy stuff, I'dve been on my arse a few times on a big bike in those conditions.......

Andres

The mud would have had tears on the inside of my visor if I was riding a brand new Ducati through it.

I did take my Multistrada up the Stella Alpina when it was under a year old but within a couple of miles I’d realised that my limited talent, a big expensive motorbike and even moderate off roading were not compatible :blast

I didn’t read the comments at first but it seems like the guy riding the Ducati was Nathan Millward, looks like he’s learnt some pretty good off road skills. I wouldlve dropped it loads of times in that wet slimy mud like Andres said.

The mud would have had tears on the inside of my visor if I was riding a brand new Ducati through it.

I did take my Multistrada up the Stella Alpina when it was under a year old but within a couple of miles I’d realised that my limited talent, a big expensive motorbike and even moderate off roading were not compatible :blast

This will make you sob uncontrollably then......spool forward to 3mins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtZIsKgYj8M

Somebody in here must have owned one ? I didn’t realise that they were so different to , and supposedly a lot better
than, the standard bike. Ive seen a few reviews from the launch, and it’s been described as a “stripped down adventure bike” and a real “do it all bike “ but nothing from actual owners . I had previously dismissed it as a styling exercise but it seems it’s much more than that .

I like the look of them, saw one on the M25 the other day. It looked tall and tiny, at first I thought it was an old school big trail bike and by the look of the rider perched on top Im guessing it felt as exposed and as nimble as one but with more engine umph and refinement.

I like the look of them, saw one on the M25 the other day. It looked tall and tiny, at first I thought it was an old school big trail bike and by the look of the rider perched on top Im guessing it felt as exposed and as nimble as one but with more engine umph and refinement.

Modern XT500

So did anybody buy one? They had loads of publicity when they came out but I haven't seen any "real world/living with one" articles, sms like they could be a good compromise bike, bit of touring and fun when one got there, any feedback? Cheers:beerjug:John B

I have had my 19 model for about a year as I was looking for a smaller bike to replace the RT given any touring is off the chart for the moment.

It is a good bike overall, punchy enough air-cooled engine, easy to handle and good on twisties as well. I haven't been much offroad but I guess it should be fine as the suspensions are relatively decent.

There are a few niggles:

- Tubed tyres - the rescue man could not believe it when I had a puncture. But that is the price to pay for the offroad wannabees I guess although many other bikes even with 21 inch front have now gone tubeless
- Seat - quite uncomfortable after a short time. It was supposedly changed for 2019, I may consider a sargent or ducati comfort seat at some point
- Fuel range - difficult to get over 100 miles before the light comes on, not too bad but worse than the ninet etc.

Overall I am happy with it and I would like to use it for touring too if I ever have the time again in the future. Something like the Stella Alpina or Parpaillon pass should be great fun on it, but also some paved ones like the Stelvio or Galibier.

I have had my 19 model for about a year as I was looking for a smaller bike to replace the RT given any touring is off the chart for the moment.

It is a good bike overall, punchy enough air-cooled engine, easy to handle and good on twisties as well. I haven't been much offroad but I guess it should be fine as the suspensions are relatively decent.

There are a few niggles:

- Tubed tyres - the rescue man could not believe it when I had a puncture. But that is the price to pay for the offroad wannabees I guess although many other bikes even with 21 inch front have now gone tubeless
- Seat - quite uncomfortable after a short time. It was supposedly changed for 2019, I may consider a sargent or ducati comfort seat at some point
- Fuel range - difficult to get over 100 miles before the light comes on, not too bad but worse than the ninet etc.

Overall I am happy with it and I would like to use it for touring too if I ever have the time again in the future. Something like the Stella Alpina or Parpaillon pass should be great fun on it, but also some paved ones like the Stelvio or Galibier.

I rode a friends from new in Cape Town recently for 10 days. As stated, fuel range for me was 160km. Seat was okay. Bit of wind blast on the m way but nothing too extreme. Fun in the twisties, even on knobllies. Easy to live with, get on off etc. Straight forward ride. Starts when needs to, stops ok and has good punch. Sat at 120km easily. first gear is between short and long, so probably just a little taller than the GS1200 I had, but second and third are peach! Does what it says on the tin kind of. Not too short either. If I lived in CT and had a second bike need, I'd have one. Not so sure about it in the UK as 1 trick pony though. Unless you live rural and don't tour

Back
Top Bottom