My Crosstourer DCT

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Changed my R1200GS Rallye for this nice Crosstourer DCT. Only time will tell is this was a good move, but I do like the engine and the DCT is brilliant.
Anyone on here got any bling they'd like to sell me ?
Already bought a Delkevic end-can, SW-Motech engine bars, high level satnav mount.

Attachments

• IMG_3564.JPG
    IMG_3564.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 876
Nice looking bike

Yes the engine and DCT are brilliant as you say, great bikes for touring :thumb2

Get onto the Crosstourer forum, there’s plenty of info on setting up the suspension so it works better

If you have any problems with buffeting, pm me for a template to make a deflector which cures it, this might not be a problem on the newer models

Enjoy the bike

Hi Simon - no still got my nice green ST1100 for the time being ! (And my R1150GS too).
Hope you’re well ?
John

Hi John

All very good here thanks - good to hear from you. I’m about to get my 4th Pan - a 1300 this time. I’m doing a big commute for the next year so it’s just a tool - the fun bike is the KTM 1290 SAR . Not many bikes are built to fit a tall fella like me but that one feels like it was.

Hope the “adventure VFR” works out for you - that engine is outstanding.

Happy Christmas to you and yours

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good choice of bike.
Had mine over 6 months now. Can’t really think of a better allrounder for the money.

There are about half a dozen owners on here. But we ain’t going to convince many BMW owners. So we don’t sing the praises of the bike too often on a GS Forum.

I would never give them a second glance. Either went for the BMW or the KTM.
But so glad I did. That engine is just so good. It also has a nice deep rumble.

Hope you enjoy owning and riding it.

I have a nice 2 tone leather seat, plus a taller Tony Archer modified seat. For sale. That’s about it.

CT DCT

I really like mine, its my 3rd (2nd DCT) Although have just bought my first WC GS, so we shall see which I keep.

Have loads of bits I have bought, as I am a compulsive hoarder, but of interest may be a touring screen, also have a spare set of wheels with Heidenau K60 Scouts fitted. (didn't tell you about those Nick ;)

Great choice of bike Buckingham, I’m sure you’ll love the DCT box and as previously mentioned that engine is just an absolute peach.
It’s a great and grossly underrated bike, especially with the DCT, enjoy.

Attachments

• CAA08020-4A01-4FFA-B2F5-1DD6DFDAA253.jpg
    CAA08020-4A01-4FFA-B2F5-1DD6DFDAA253.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 609
Thanks for the +ve comments guys, I've just ordered a Hepco & Becker sump guard.
I just need to put some miles on it now.

Update.

Will have a MINT Touratech Seat (Standard Height) and Latest Style Akropovic dual cone Titanium Available from Saturday.

Update.

Will have a MINT Touratech Seat (Standard Height) and Latest Style Akropovic Available from Saturday.

Oh bloody ‘ell Nick what you done now ? BTW I’ve just had a H&B skidpan delivered this morning on your recommendation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh bloody ‘ell Nick what you done now ? BTW I’ve just had a H&B skidpan delivered this morning on your recommendation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done. It’s a nice skid plate. Not too ‘rufty tufty’
The heavy support mount on the side stand side may be a little tight between frame and engine. Had to run a file over mine. Not much. But wouldn’t fit without.

Send those crashbars back. There ugly.
Sump guard will work with the Heed crash bars.
Heed are well made and quite cheap.

image share

Not decided what to do yet - the H&B plate does look well made & I want to fit it.
Could go for the Heed bars, a bit too late to return the SW-Motech bars but doubtless they will sell for a decent price.
Alternatively I could return the H&B plate & go for an SW-Motech plate, although that does not seem to come in black.

Back
Top Bottom