BKS Leathers - Custom 2 piece suit

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Has anyone used BKS leathers in Exmouth ? I need a new leather 2 piece next year due to it shrinking (again !), and whilst Im on my second Dianese suit, every suit seems to have slightly thinner leather, fewer pockets, and whilst I have no issues with the quality it's obviously built down to a price.

My hope is that the BKS is very well fitted, thicker leather (it is, I've checked) and well constructed. A few pockets would be nice too.

Let me know if you have any experience of them :). Thanks.

https://www.bksleather.co.uk/products-list/two-piece-suits

RBW.

My work leathers are BKS. We get a new set every 5 years, needless to say the out going set are of no use to anybody else (made to measure) so instead of casting them, we take them home and use them in our own time. I have two sets at home (so one is over ten years old) and they are still in top notch.
Over the years Brian has changed a few things and the new suits are much lighter than they used to be, but if I was going to invest in made to measure (and in that measuring process, you can decide on anything you want from internal zip pockets, to outer waistcoat pockets to one wrist being half an inch wider than the other to cater for a watch ..), I wouldn't go anywhere else.
:thumb2

Brian makes a good leather for sure, good on the detail. Can get expensive though.

Otherwise, you could consider Kate Jennings at Hideout Leathers. She is based near Saffron Walden, Essex/Herts/Cambs border - is that anywhere close to 'Nearby' ?

ive got a set of custom made 2 piece BKS ..also a set of hi-end Dainese leathers..the BKS is better quality in materials used and workmanship, never had a problem

Had a BKS fully vented one piece, made to measure for years, thankfully I can still get into it....just!

Had a pair of trousers made in the Summer. Brilliant quality, really pleased with them, you can have any options you want. Mine were around £900, got measured for a jacket whilst I was there, but haven't decided yet if I want a jacket as I normally wear textile jackets.

Another for BKS. Had to travel down to Devon a couple of times for fitting but the end result is excellent and as other have said lots of choice during the fitting process.

If you want a jacket only Brian comes up to Motolegends in Guildford once a month or so for a fitting session for his new cafe racer jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for BKS. I have had at least 3 two piece suits from them and one from Dainese.
All made to measure, but BKS is in another league when it comes to fit. Definitely heavier than most but incredibly durable. I have seen more than my fair share of BKS suits tested against tarmac and they crash incredibly well!

I must be the odd one out when it comes to the fit. I had a two piece made to measure suit costing £1800 about 5 1/2 years ago. The trousers were a terrible fit and were sent back. They altered them but they have never been right and not worth the money IMO.
I have a friend who bought a set about 12 years ago and they are still going strong but the quality of the leather used then and now is in a different league.

I must be the odd one out when it comes to the fit. I had a two piece made to measure suit costing £1800 about 5 1/2 years ago. The trousers were a terrible fit and were sent back. They altered them but they have never been right and not worth the money IMO.
I have a friend who bought a set about 12 years ago and they are still going strong but the quality of the leather used then and now is in a different league.

Well there you go, I am surprised, i found Brian and the service exemplary, but things obviously go wrong. I am surprised Brian didn't sort you out. I also think the leather is still really good quality, I have had leathers for over 40 years and my trousers are as good as I have ever had anywhere else

I have a two piece suit made to measure by BKS, measured by Brian. IMO, well worth the money, but it is expensive if you go with all the features.

Had a pair of trousers made in the Summer. Brilliant quality, really pleased with them, you can have any options you want. Mine were around £900...

£900 for a pair of leather trousers..?!?

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

£900 for a pair of leather trousers..?!?

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Yep, but not just any leather trousers, coolmax lining, perforated and stretch panels, plus class 2 armour. Not much more than a decent pair of rukka textiles. I don't have a new bike though :)

Yep, but not just any leather trousers, coolmax lining, perforated and stretch panels, plus class 2 armour. Not much more than a decent pair of rukka textiles. I don't have a new bike though :)

It’s a Tosser special - happy to pay £20k for the latest shitcamwankfest but then happy to encase body in cheap kit to save a few £100

My work leathers are BKS. We get a new set every 5 years, needless to say the out going set are of no use to anybody else (made to measure) so instead of casting them, we take them home and use them in our own time. I have two sets at home (so one is over ten years old) and they are still in top notch.
Over the years Brian has changed a few things and the new suits are much lighter than they used to be, but if I was going to invest in made to measure (and in that measuring process, you can decide on anything you want from internal zip pockets, to outer waistcoat pockets to one wrist being half an inch wider than the other to cater for a watch ..), I wouldn't go anywhere else.
:thumb2

I had a jacket made by Brian. Made out kangaroo leather and the cut is based on the Police jacket, normal jacket over 5kg, roo jacket 2.5 kg. I had it customized extensively ( I wanted to use it as a casual jacket as well ), double front closure for the summer. Left wrist cuff slightly larger to accommodate my watch, inner pockets with extra strong canvas, different collar , different liners depending on the weather. Went down twice for fitting. Cost...£1350.

Ref. leather quality.
I had a look at the stuff he has. Pigmented leather which will not run. In nonessential part he uses roo leather, the rest is 1.2 to 1.6 mm thick. Elbow and knees double that to 3+mm plus the armour, so breaking in will take some time. He has some off the pegg stuff, call first. Most people haven't got a clue about leather quality, ask Brian which tannery he is getting the leather from and do your research.

Attachments

• IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_7311 (1).JPG
    IMG_7311 (1).JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 240
I had a jacket made by Brian. Made out kangaroo leather and the cut is based on the Police jacket, normal jacket over 5kg, roo jacket 2.5 kg. I had it customized extensively ( I wanted to use it as a casual jacket as well ), double front closure for the summer. Left wrist cuff slightly larger to accommodate my watch, inner pockets with extra strong canvas, different collar , different liners depending on the weather. Went down twice for fitting. Cost...£1350.

Ref. leather quality.
I had a look at the stuff he has. Pigmented leather which will not run. In nonessential part he uses roo leather, the rest is 1.2 to 1.6 mm thick. Elbow and knees double that to 3+mm plus the armour, so breaking in will take some time. He has some off the pegg stuff, call first. Most people haven't got a clue about leather quality, ask Brian which tannery he is getting the leather from and do your research.

Awesome Jacket :)

Back
Top Bottom