2010 front brake caliper recon

RigsVille

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 2010 TC is in excellent condition except for the 4 bolts on each front brake calliper that are starting to corrode (see attached pic, bolts highlighted by the red arrows. not my actual calipers, just a stock image)

What are my options?

Should I purchase 8 new OEM bolts and replace them? only for them to corrode again

Should I purchase 8 suitable stainless/titanium bolts and replace them?

Any thoughts?

dsc_2783_3.jpg

Google Shaw Stainless and get 8 (or 12) new bolts from him and while you're at it look at the kits he offers for the 2010 gs. No connection just a repeat customer. Alan

I can also highly recommend Shaw stainless. I started out just replacing the caliper bolts on my TC RT and now I've changed every exposed bolt. They're very good quality and he is always very quick to reply on emails.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I can also highly recommend Shaw stainless. I started out just replacing the caliper bolts on my TC RT and now I've changed every exposed bolt. They're very good quality and he is always very quick to reply on emails.

Considering galvanic corrosion, in theory, the threads in the aluminum should slowly be damaged. Has this been a problem in real life?

Considering galvanic corrosion, in theory, the threads in the aluminum should slowly be damaged. Has this been a problem in real life?
I was worried about this also, however I've had them in for the last year and they've been removed and reinstalled several times as I do a great deal of mileage in all weather so I need to service my brakes quite regularly. I followed the sellers advice and used copper grease and it seems to have done the job nicely.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom