Failed left hand BMW LED spotlight

gsman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Failed left hand BMW LED spotlight , checked connectors seem dry and clean. Wires from right and left spit lights seem to go into a common connector and right light works so assume it’s faulty light, anyone any other ideas as to what problem could be.

There was a thread on here about it. It can be repaired if that’s the problem. JJH

Just found it. Just wondered I’ve an extended warranty on bike I pay monthly for , I wonder if it’s civered ?

They will replace the whole unit. I had mine done a couple of months ago under warranty with no hassle. The light just give up after a long ride in the rain and they said it can't be fixed.

Common problem, I've had mine replaced under the two year warranty, not sure about an extended warranty though. If you don't ask you don't get

Just heated it up with a hairdryer in desperation and a few now it works now it doesn’t and another heat session and now working normally. When get time if it fails will strip and try drying out again.

service manager at BMW stealership, told me when i had mine replaced..........they were not waterproof !!!! i believe him to as it seems everyone who has them replaced has a water ingress problem. They are a sealed unit supposedly

Short lasting solution it’s gone again think need new unit������

How do you get electrical connection out on back of spotlight , buggered if I can get it out of rear of spotlight ����

Short lasting solution it’s gone again think need new unit������

Back
Top Bottom