Hilltop

Mac One

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone posted their ECU to Hilltop to have it re-mapped and if so, did it make a significant improvement.

Thanks.

Hello, has anyone posted their ECU to Hilltop to have it re-mapped and if so, did it make a significant improvement.

Thanks.

You'll get exactly the same result that you get if you take the bike in. All the Dyno run does is verify the power gains, it the seat of the pants feeling that counts and that, according to my experience, is well worth while.

Thanks.

Yes, mine was a postal update. 2012 GSA TC, the bike is transformed, super smooth, can trail into corners in a higher gear as pickup requires far less revs for smooth progress. She revs on too, just keeps surging on, its fantastic. I still have std system, but with K&N.
tbh I think I now have my perfect bike, and see no need to change her, I love it.
She does however demand super unleaded, on trips to Ireland where cannot get super, she does begin to show her old self, more rumbles and twin lumpiness, but she stretches her legs again on a fresh tank of super when back on the mainland.
Most rewarding aftermarket purchase I have ever made.

Motorrad Central in Dalkeith now offer Hilltop software installation. They don't have a dyno so only the seat of your pants will indicate what kind of gains you get from having it done.

Yes, mine was a postal update. 2012 GSA TC, the bike is transformed, super smooth, can trail into corners in a higher gear as pickup requires far less revs for smooth progress. She revs on too, just keeps surging on, its fantastic. I still have std system, but with K&N.
tbh I think I now have my perfect bike, and see no need to change her, I love it.
She does however demand super unleaded, on trips to Ireland where cannot get super, she does begin to show her old self, more rumbles and twin lumpiness, but she stretches her legs again on a fresh tank of super when back on the mainland.
Most rewarding aftermarket purchase I have ever made.

Next time you ae over, get your fuel in Circle K filling stations....the bigger ones now have 2 choices of fuel, the better one is not higher octane because in Ireland we are only allowed sell 95 but it has additives and I can feel the difference in my bike with it.

Motorrad Central in Dalkeith now offer Hilltop software installation. They don't have a dyno so only the seat of your pants will indicate what kind of gains you get from having it done.

Didn’t know that. Any idea what they charge for a ‘drive-in’?

Didn’t know that. Any idea what they charge for a ‘drive-in’?

I paid £350 to have the XCountry done. However, I do know that Hilltop are starting to charge VAT so that may have gone up.

A Motorrad Central tech plugs the bike in, Geoff goes online at Hilltop and uploads the software.

Next time you ae over, get your fuel in Circle K filling stations....the bigger ones now have 2 choices of fuel, the better one is not higher octane because in Ireland we are only allowed sell 95 but it has additives and I can feel the difference in my bike with it.

Much appreciated, and noted for this years trip, thank you

Much appreciated, and noted for this years trip, thank you

Hilltop have done so many bikes by now they probably have a map for every permutation of filters and exhausts. Actually getting a dyno run (as well) may not add much difference.

Hilltop have done so many bikes by now they probably have a map for every permutation of filters and exhausts. Actually getting a dyno run (as well) may not add much difference.

My understanding is that Hilltop don't install maps, in the conventional sense. Geoff says that he installs adaptive software which sits alongside the OEM software in the ECU. This learns the demands that the engine is making and adjusts the fuelling (and timing..?) to suit.

Had my 2016 R1200RS in at Hilltop yesterday,Geoff is a very friendly bloke who really knows his stuff,I'm really pleased with the results. It was like riding a different bike on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom