Trade in Prices on Bmw bikes

Luke2184

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Team, in my quest in finding a winter bargain BMW 1200 gsa/gsTe, I’ve been looking at Mottard shop prices. My confusion comes with should I consider buying an approved bike or one say from here.

If a pay say £1200 for a 2015 gsa te from them, what did they Pay the bloke who traded it in????

Is there a way to get thes bikes at the Trade in prices.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I’m looking to purchase a bike in Feb or March.

Luke.

You won’t get a bike at the trade in price as they sell them on with 2 years warranty and brake down cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep your eye open on here - people may just sell here, rather than trade in?

Otherwise - you need to accept that the bike dealers are 'businesses' and accept that they have to make a profit.

Are they any good at giving discounts, say if I go in will they haggle on prices, I’ve not yet visited one of their showrooms.

Are they any good at giving discounts, say if I go in will they haggle on prices, I’ve not yet visited one of their showrooms.

Go and ask. Be prepared to walk away.

That is the acid test.

Keep your eye open on here - people may just sell here, rather than trade in?

Otherwise - you need to accept that the bike dealers are 'businesses' and accept that they have to make a profit.

As above. Also keep an eye out for local non BMW franchises where a BMW might be traded in. Often these would go straight out to the trade unless a punter has cash in hand walking in the door.

As above. Also keep an eye out for local non BMW franchises where a BMW might be traded in. Often these would go straight out to the trade unless a punter has cash in hand walking in the door.

I could be wrong, but I doubt if any BMW dealer will divert any of those bikes to a private buyer (who will hum, haw, suck his teeth, need to ask his wife/mum etc) when they get rid with minimum of fuss - to their regular outlet. They also have to provide a warranty to the teeth-sucker.

Ebay Classified adds would be my other avenue.

A good way to sell decent bikes, so a good place to buy

I could be wrong, but I doubt if any BMW dealer will divert any of those bikes to a private buyer (who will hum, haw, suck his teeth, need to ask his wife/mum etc) when they get rid with minimum of fuss - to their regular outlet. They also have to provide a warranty to the teeth-sucker.

Read what I wrote Al: "Non BMW franchise". I bought my TC RT that way. Owner had traded it in for a Fireblade :eek at a year old. Dealer knew I was looking for one. Result: i got a one year old RT with 1700 miles on it and a year's BMW warranty (2 years now?) For the trade in price. I checked with the previous owner who I bumped into after purchase.

BMW buy at the lowest price, do nothing to the bike and sell at the highest price, and make the most profit. very few make any claims on the warranty offered all you pay for is the expensive showroom costs. the sales people haven't a clue what they are selling, you are better off buying private as most owners cherish there bikes!!!!!!!!!

BMW buy at the lowest price, do nothing to the bike and sell at the highest price, and make the most profit. very few make any claims on the warranty offered all you pay for is the expensive showroom costs. the sales people haven't a clue what they are selling, you are better off buying private as most owners cherish there bikes!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to call them “Stealers” :rolleyes:

Where do you think all of the abused non cared for bikes come from??
Another dreamer that has never worked in the bike trade trying to stay sane dealing with people who make comments like that.

[Wappingmode]The bastards, the absolute bastards. Making an honest profit from Bikermates who can't be bothered to look elsewhere.

Kill them with fire, or look on Ebay, your call. [/Wappingmode]

You should be looking for an 1150 not a 1200, save £8000 and have just as much riding fun! :aidan

Traded my 2016 GSA TE in a few weeks ago against a new 1250

Have seen what they are now selling my old bike for through BMW approved used and it is £1,350 more than what they gave me

We'll all have different opinions on that but I don't think that's too unreasonable considering it will come with a 2 year warranty, which is all I got when I bought it new

So you may get one at a better price buying privately but that warranty to me would be very reassuring if I am spending that sort of money on a bike

Traded my 2016 GSA TE in a few weeks ago against a new 1250

Have seen what they are now selling my old bike for through BMW approved used and it is £1,350 more than what they gave me

We'll all have different opinions on that but I don't think that's too unreasonable considering it will come with a 2 year warranty, which is all I got when I bought it new

So you may get one at a better price buying privately but that warranty to me would be very reassuring if I am spending that sort of money on a bike

I don’t think that’s bad at all, considering they’re putting a two year warranty on, possibly a tyre or two, and a full check/ service. So many people moaning about dealers making too much money, but they’d be moaning more if there weren’t enough dealers.

I don’t think that’s bad at all, considering they’re putting a two year warranty on, possibly a tyre or two, and a full check/ service. So many people moaning about dealers making too much money, but they’d be moaning more if there weren’t enough dealers.

Agree totally, there profit margin ain't that big when you consider the above and the taxman wants his slice.

Back
Top Bottom