Clock issue

finally got round to checking this out and red wire into the multi plug under the tank was broken ( thanks Ian), got the bits out now where can I get a small male bullet connector that fits into the multiple on a sunday?

finally got round to checking this out and red wire into the multi plug under the tank was broken ( thanks Ian), got the bits out now where can I get a small male bullet connector that fits into the multiple on a sunday?

No where.....that is to say, finding the part number would be difficult, and I’m not sure BMW would have one. As far as I am aware, these connectors and the contacts are unique to BMW.

What I would try is,
1. Trying to solder the broken wire back to the contact, then reinserting it into connector.
2. Bypassing the connector with a link wire going from the bike wire to the RID wire.
3. Removing the wire from the other side and connecting the two wires with a single spade or bullet connector.
4. Replacing the entire connector block (8 way) (male and female) with a 8 way superseal or econoseal connector block.

Option 1, 3 and 4 allows you to still disconnect the RID from the bike loom.
Option 2 is a little bit more Perminent. But how often will you need to seperate the connector block, probably never.

It basically depends on your soldering skills.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom