3d printed go pro mount

Just printing one of these as a test at the moment to test the structure, once I get the structure strong enough to my liking, I will gladly print a few more for whoever needs 1 or 2 cost simple postage from Germany to UK or Ireland and 2 quid for filament and electric costs, so a fiver would cover everything, if anybody wants some just drop me a PM.......:beerjug: price is for 1, if you want 2 just add a quid.

Love it this idea! I am going to ask some friends. Maybe they also want it ;)

Your welcome, 1 takes over 3 hours to print, as I am doing them in PETG with 60% infill and 10 in detail, so they should be pretty solid, if I aint happy I may also try in ABS later today, I enjoy the fun making these things, and helping also.

Prototype came out good, attached a gopro 6 holder the metal one with the lanyard and tightened up the acorn nut as tight as possible, no snapping or cracking, gave the camera case a good few twists and turns, I feel quite confident this will be fine on a bike, way better than 79 quid for a metal one, however everyone can judge for themself, I am doing a favor and not making money so no dummies out of prams please.....;) and yes the odd few strands of filament here and there to tidy up and job is good, I would recommend ordering 2 at a time, in case of it getting hit by a large bird.

Initial test was good. no real problems I could see, but I did make 2 spacers to keep the bracket off the screen.

Attachments

• IMG-20190106-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190106-WA0002.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG-20190106-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190106-WA0000.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG-20190106-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190106-WA0004.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 100
Initial test was good. no real problems I could see, but I did make 2 spacers to keep the bracket off the screen.

Looks really good. Could you add a couple of mill to the mount so the spacers are built in rather than being separate (like little feet)?

I like the idea of the mount being off the screen so it doesn’t scratch it.

Is that the STL off thingiverse? I've already printed the TomTom mount and it is excellent. Had thought about that one too.
Is that pet-g or pla?

It's pla I printed a draught of it then redone most of it in 360. So got the files to play with

Is that the STL off thingiverse? I've already printed the TomTom mount and it is excellent. Had thought about that one too.
Is that pet-g or pla?

The one I done is exactly the thingyverse one, and I used PETG as does not destroy in harsh conditions and is a more supple than ABS that could snap easier, PLA is stronger but will self destruct in the sun and rain.

I've not ventured into ABS, PETG yet. I'm still early stages.

I've not ventured into ABS, PETG yet. I'm still early stages.

OK mate but do not keep your prototype the one in PLA for everyday use it bio degrades, that what it is designed to do, however the tensile strentgh is twice as much as PETG, but PETG does not bio degrade, ABS is strong but very brittle and it not very supple, for me PETG is the way for brackets, and household stuff PLA...........

When you settle on best compromise of longevity and strength, I would like to take up your offer of a couple of them, let me know best way to pay, uk mainland address
Cheers

Thanks, will look into degrading times. Can't see it falling apart before end of summer! Now I have it drawn up on cad looking to see if I can get access to cnc lathe in workshop next to our work. Knock a couple up in ally.

Thanks, will look into degrading times. Can't see it falling apart before end of summer! Now I have it drawn up on cad looking to see if I can get access to cnc lathe in workshop next to our work. Knock a couple up in ally.
Just build them in ali or stainless... But to be honest, as soon as you move into metal (either CNC or additive) it will almost certainly price itself out of interest.

The builds you've done will last way in excess of need. My question is temperature extremes, hot and cold. I'd think of those and perhaps beef up accordingly

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yep if you have access to the CNC Ally would be perfect, not sure what the end cost would be in ally, but surely way cheaper than 79 quid from NN also made some 3mm thick washers to help keep off the screen.

Yep if you have access to the CNC Ally would be perfect, not sure what the end cost would be in ally, but surely way cheaper than 79 quid from NN
Sadly not. You'd be very surprised perhaps just how much these things cost. You could do it of course, but the volumes would be too high (I suspect) and you'd have to purchase that quantity outright, then hope you could sell them... Despite their mark up, you'd probably find NN's cost not so bad

Sadly not. You'd be very surprised perhaps just how much these things cost. You could do it of course, but the volumes would be too high (I suspect) and you'd have to purchase that quantity outright, then hope you could sell them... Despite their mark up, you'd probably find NN's cost not so bad

I take your word for it, no idea what Ally would cost, so sticking with PETG, everything else Gopro is PETG, so must be OK............;)

Good call. Lucky I'm not in it for the money. Just ordered petg to have a go with. Just got to get temps and feed/layer height right.

Back
Top Bottom