3d printed go pro mount

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got myself a 3d printer as it was a great offer on Amazon. Trawled the net and found a gopro mount for screen. 4 hrs later result was amazing! Does anyone have any other 3d printed stuff for there bike?

Attachments

• IMG-20190101-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190101-WA0004.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 566
Can you print a printer ?

How brittle is it? I’m tempted by one but worried it’s fail and I’d loose my Go Pro

There are 3D printers and 3D printers

Many years ago before the home kit was ever even thought of we were 3D printing prototype parts at work

using the Stereolithography (SLA) process which made rapid prototype parts to test & confirm part designs

These puppys (parts) were tough, you could drill & tap them - set metal inserts in and hang other parts from them.

They wernt cheap though. The kit was in the tens of thousand of pounds !

The latest stuff we have access to is 3D SLS which can produce 3D metal printed parts

The home stuff is very basic and parts produced dont have the shelf life of industrial printers

We have some low end stuff for evaluating jig designs before we commit to machining

for proof of concept there brilliant, for longevity & robustness not so good

I personally wouldnt mount an expensive item on a home produced part

Camera will have lanyard on it as always. It's on bike now and seems really secure. Just thought I'd try something for bike, it's a pastime I've been looking at for a while. I will see how it goes!

Camera will have lanyard on it as always. It's on bike now and seems really secure. Just thought I'd try something for bike, it's a pastime I've been looking at for a while. I will see how it goes!

Let is know. Looks like you have an airhead, if it does work would you consider printing and posting one (I’d pay of course)?

There are 3D printers and 3D printers

The home stuff is very basic and parts produced dont have the shelf life....

I personally wouldnt mount an expensive item on a home produced part

I agree, for parts demanding longevity, the home printers are a tad short right now. But there are some decent filament materials out there.

As for the SLS, the nylon version of this (very very few of us could afford one of the metal versions for home use!). I rate this very highly indeed. I'm using it regularly, material is nylon 6. Survives low temperatures remarkably well and is UV safe, especially if dyed. The finished pieces look like they're high quality injection moulds with a fine sparked finish. Designed properly, they're also strong.

I'm guessing the OP has bought a filament printer, which for some things is just great! I'd suggest checking out which filament materials are available.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes its a filament printer, just using PLA and ABS at the moment, just thought I'd put it out there see if anyone else using one, was more of a test piece but was surprised how well it came out. I made it a solid piece as well so no honeycomb infill inside. Will report back after 1st run out with it.

Yes its a filament printer, just using PLA and ABS at the moment, just thought I'd put it out there see if anyone else using one, was more of a test piece but was surprised how well it came out. I made it a solid piece as well so no honeycomb infill inside. Will report back after 1st run out with it.

They are great fun but have their limits as Santa says, I use a Prusa 3d MK3 and have great fun with it, make toys for the grandkids, bird houses etc etc, little gopro tripods, once you get into it, it gets addictive, I just ordered the Multi color head so will be able to print in 5 colours when it arrives in end of February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZxTCApLrs

A great move. I really should get one too. I was at the TCT fair earlier in the year (last year!) And as you say, the resolution of the filament printers is really not bad now. Good idea too not to have the honeycomb inside, tho for bigger things this will also be great.

A great move. I really should get one too. I was at the TCT fair earlier in the year (last year!) And as you say, the resolution of the filament printers is really not bad now. Good idea too not to have the honeycomb inside, tho for bigger things this will also be great.

Prusa is the way to go open source and really good service, new firmwares often, also you can buy it in parts and build it yourself, but beware it does take 12 hours and you must watch the videos and read the manual that is well done, and all the parts are well numbered, I must admit I love it and the price is awesome for such a quality printer.

I got the Ender 3d. Seems good for what I need to do. May look at an upgrade in the future

Fuzz Townsed had some alloy wheel centre caps professionally 3D printed for Car SOS. Who knows how long they lasted.

Fuzz Townsed had some alloy wheel centre caps professionally 3D printed for Car SOS. Who knows how long they lasted.
They could easily last as long as an oem part...

It's not an accident there's a race on to make 3D printing work for production.

Back
Top Bottom