R100GS Side and Centre Stand

Mark H-W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time now to get the newly ish acquired GS PD sorted.

It came with a Surefoot Side stand, which is very functional and lovely. However it won't allow the fitment of Lower Footpegs.
If I had a spare £250 I would order myself an equally very functional and lovely MigStand. Sadly I don't have the required £250.

My knees however are screaming out for the lower pegs. So the big question is does anybody have a spare original side stand that I could buy?

In addition to the above, the centre stand doesn't quite sit right when down, it won't sit square inthe feet. So the other big question is, does anybody have a spare centre stand that I could buy?

As for the rest of the bike, its all working just fine and dandy and makes me :D each time I ride it.

Yours hopingly

Mark

I may have an original side stand lurking in the garage. I'll let you know over the weekend once I've had a search.

will this do?

Attachments

• DSC_0001_17.jpg
    DSC_0001_17.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_0002_18.jpg
    DSC_0002_18.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 391
Side Stand

That looks just about perfect. Both I and my knees are indebted to you :beerjug:

I have to confess that it hadn't crossed my few remaining grey cells that the possible cause could be the bushes :blast
New Bushes and Springs have been ordered.

+1. I bought a replacement centre stand for an R100GS only to find it made no difference. :blast

You may have saved me the cost of a replacement Centre Stand, thank you.

The next step will be to change the bushes and springs.

Thank you all for the inputs

This side stand works great for me.
I had the same one on my GSPD as well.
I think it's based on the FlyingTpot stand and is probably a copy of it. It attaches mainly to the engine mount bolt as well as the footpeg.

Attachments

• side_stand.jpg
    side_stand.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 283
This side stand works great for me.
I had the same one on my GSPD as well.
I think it's based on the FlyingTpot stand and is probably a copy of it. It attaches mainly to the engine mount bolt as well as the footpeg.

Thanks for the picture. The original side stand, kindly posted on by Al, arrived this morning. I'm going to give that a go and see how I get on. I may be back.

Thanks Again

I have the Flying Teapot on my G/S, made a copy of it for my GS.

Both complete with cut out switch cut into the neutral switch line.

Neither have interfered with the fitting of lower pegs, and the design makes the Surefoot on my R75/ 7 look like it was designed by Micky Mouse.
Or Donald Duck--------------.

+1 for the flying t.pot here too.

Cut out switch sounds good beemerboff, any chance of a picture of that setup?

My great grand daughter is down in Adelaide for her summer hols and I think she has a phone with camera on it so iI will get her to photograph it - I have neither.
Then I will PM it to you, without a camera no need to learn how to post pics.

Wired into the neutral switch line on the GS you can start the bike in neutral with the side stand down, but it cuts out if you put it in gear with it down, which suits me fine.

Bob Schneiders business folded apparently as a result of a lawsuit taken against him when a customer of his was killed or injured after forgetting to lift the stand-up before setting off. Such a mod as yours would have sorted that problem for him, he'd never have been sued and we'd have a ready supply of his stands and cruise controls to hand. Now, unless you can get a copy made such stands are almost impossible to find. I think I'll do tbe neutral wire mod when I get a chance over the summer.

Back
Top Bottom