Interesting, if slightly old news...

It doesn't really fit the VAG operation, but it's been all media chatter thus far.

Still, I can well believe KTM/Bajaj being interested.

It's just a shame for all the team at Ducati that another round of 'pass the parcel' of ownership is hanging like a sword of Damocles over their futures yet again.

I always thought it had to do with offsetting the different co emmisions as the reason for their purchase.

Sadly vag never seemed to utilise Ducati in a coherent way ala amg/mv tie in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I always thought it had to do with offsetting the different co emmisions as the reason for their purchase.

Sadly vag never seemed to utilise Ducati in a coherent way ala amg/mv tie in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The reason for the purchase was a whim of the then chairman of the VW board Ferdinand Piech , he personally bought it and sold it to Audi who are the current owners (albeit VW own Audi)

VW have tried to sell it before but the works council have blocked it so far because they are making good progress in MotoGP and they see it as a feel good factor for VW staff and also the positive external PR in the face of the emissions issue.

For this that don't know, the works council is basically the unions but they do have positions on the main VW board, there isn't much that happens without approval of the works council...

My guess is they will float their truck & Bus businesses as a single entity whilst still keeping the 4 individual brands.

Back
Top Bottom