The garbage run- lands end to John O groats, June 2019

You riding down from Aberdeen? I'm looking for folks to meet up with on way down to Cornwall. Im near gatwick.
Have you done it before?
I will be doing it on my 1150gs

You riding down from Aberdeen? I'm looking for folks to meet up with on way down to Cornwall. Im near gatwick.
Have you done it before?
I will be doing it on my 1150gs

Think you would need to meet him on the M5 Bristol Gourdano Services
From Gatwick it would be down the A303...meet at Exeter Services
Assuming he would want to meet...!!!!

I'm taking my GSA. Too old and well built (fat) for little bikes.

As to riding down......i'm in two minds.
It's a long slog down and i'm self employed.....so might ship it down.
No, not done it before. Brother in Law did it last year and really enjoyed it.
I was supposed to do it last year but a new contract clashed with the start date so I had to put it back a year.

My first time doing this too. Im not sure about riding back down or shipping back to sussex either. Will try and do it in two days if I do. Depends if I find others riding back also. I might ship and fly to gatwick. Please let me know any couriers you can recommend.

Odds are there will be plenty riding back down to S. England.
Have decided to ride mine down to Penzance. Take my time and meet up with a few mates.

Sounds good ,, small roads , camping and craic :thumb2

We did J o'groats to LE in 17 hours and something for Streetfighters magazine. We would have done it faster but Simon Frary (staff writer) threw the press test Yamaha down the road at the end of the Gos Moor. As we were pulling it out of the ditch (he saw a speed camera and slammed the anchors on...) Steve Damerell came by in his car. he looked at us and recognised HIS bike! he heaved over and even though he was going out for the night, he turned round, went back to Damerells and opened up to get the bits we needed, plus the tools to fit them.... back on the road in about 40 minutes! he asked why we had dumped the bike on a straight.... that was when he told us the speed camera didn't function. :D We still set the record at the time, even taking time to grab pictures en route. I think it might have been the Fazer, when it first came out - I can't remember now.

I will have a look and see what is involved.

We did J o'groats to LE in 17 hours and something for Streetfighters magazine. We would have done it faster but Simon Frary (staff writer) threw the press test Yamaha down the road at the end of the Gos Moor. As we were pulling it out of the ditch (he saw a speed camera and slammed the anchors on...) Steve Damerell came by in his car. he looked at us and recognised HIS bike! he heaved over and even though he was going out for the night, he turned round, went back to Damerells and opened up to get the bits we needed, plus the tools to fit them.... back on the road in about 40 minutes! he asked why we had dumped the bike on a straight.... that was when he told us the speed camera didn't function. :D We still set the record at the time, even taking time to grab pictures en route. I think it might have been the Fazer, when it first came out - I can't remember now.

I will have a look and see what is involved.

Wouldn't bother. This one is week long bimble up the west coast.

Back
Top Bottom