Exhaust Recommends for 1290

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of a different end can for my shiny new 1290 as going from experience on the 1190 the OE exhausts are PITA (impossible) to keep clean and the 1290 looks exactly the same.

Want as close to stock noise as possible, want it to look good / save a kg or two rather than piss off the Neighbours / Police / all other road users. Not keen on shorties either, I know lots of folks like the Wings, but I want similar to stock length - and also assume the shorties are more noisy.

Also do not want one with wadding that will all blow out and need repacking.

Any recommendations, or unwanted cans for sale?

:popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don’t want the huge Akra can, the black Arrow looks very nice on the 1290. :thumb

Agreed :)

If not Wings do a long can as well as the shorty.

FWIW my Wings shorty is hardly louder than stock with the ‘quiet’ baffle fitted (you get 2 baffles, quiet and er, less quiet ;) ).

Andres

Have a look @ Remus....

https://calsport.co.uk/ktm-1290-super-adventure-2015/remus-exhausts

Mine has the titanium hexacone with carbon fibre end cap & heat shield; sounds rather nice and looks good too imho

ce1ee4c6cda77ea6951f5046b2750c60.jpg

I've heard very good reports of British-made Fuel cans. And they're competitively priced.

I have the Wings Shorty at present, but will buy a Fuel next time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've heard very good reports of British-made Fuel cans. And they're competitively priced.

What don’t you like about the Wings?

I find fuel cans a bit dated, still stuck in Year 2000 or something... not really in keeping with angular bikes of today.

What don’t you like about the Wings?
I think the Wings is great, have used it since my first 1190 five years ago.

But I think the Fuel is significantly cheaper in the UK anyway, and I was impressed with one I saw recently, plus I'd like to support a British business. But I'll not be buying a Triumph :-D

The Fuel is ruined by the scrappy connection to the existing pipe IMO. Cheap though.

I had a shorty wings on mine for a while and stupidly sold it. Have an Arrow on now and it's a bit too loud for me, with the baffle in place. The wings with the smaller baffle just sounded great (and was less "rorty" than the std cans on my old 990).

Whatever you end up getting, make sure it has some sort of cover over the inlet connection otherwise it just looks cheap, nasty and not very well thought out. The Scorpion cans look good and apparently never need repacking...

D.

Another recommendation for the arrow - bought it second hand and been on both my 1190 and 1290 and still going strong :D

Cheers all.

Anything requiring repacking is out. In my experience they turn very load in a couple of thousand miles.

Cannot find anyone selling Wings.

Remus is way too expensive.

Arrows a bit noisy.

May just stick with std or wait until used one crops up, that way I can get my money back if I don't like it.

You can email Gorazd, the owner directly mf@siol.net :thumb

I’ve done so yesterday. Here is his reply:

Thank you for your interest in WINGS exhausts. For your bike we offer a titanium slip-on version with an included carbon end cap and link-pipe.They are available for the 1050 ADV, 1090 ADV/ADV R, 1190 ADV/ADV R, 1290 Super ADV R/S/T. The weight saving is 4,0 kg/8,8 lbs.

Many pictures and all the details with interesting information can be found on this link: www.wings.si

The large (louder) dB-killer with the spark arrestor is already installed in the muffler. You will receive the small (quieter) dB-killer with the spark arrestor in the box free of charge. They can easily be interchanged or removed simply by unscrewing one Allen bolt.

The WINGS muffler is designed in the way that there is no need to remap if the dB-killer is mounted. If, however, you want to remove the dB-killer or have modified/changed the air filter/intake or anything else, remapping is required.

TOTAL amount for a NATURAL TITANIUM muffler delivered to your door with a DHL courier is 549.- EUR (with the Heel Guard the total amount is 599.- EUR)
TOTAL amount for a BLACK muffler delivered to your door with a DHL courier is 569.- EUR (with the Heel Guard the total amount is 619.- EUR)
The price for the seat cooler is 178.-€.

We need 5-7 working days after your payment to ship the package. DHL transit time is 3 working days.

If you decide to order our product, please reply to this e-mail and let us know. We will gladly send you a PayPal money request or our bank account details, which ever you prefer.
We don't have E-sign.

Best regards,
Gorazd Marovic

WINGS - Because sound matters!

I think that around £560 delivered for a good sounding exhaust is very good.

Back
Top Bottom