Ferry to France

Mad Paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now that Irish ferries are not sailing out of rosslare anymore I see stena prices have increased a lot for 2019 from rosslare to Cherbourg over 2018 prices and are nearly fully booked up already
Prices out of cork are going up
Bike and rider prices now up around €450 return in June/July without cabin
Cabins a extra €200 return
Looks like going through Uk is now a have too

Keep calm...there will be either a retract from irish ferries or another operator. Many of whom are beating down the door already for the contract.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I've booked Irish Ferries Dublin Port to Cherbourg in July for €550 including a cabin on the WB Yeats. A lot cheaper than Cork to Roscoff last year and less travelling from Belfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Booked Rosslare to Cherberg return in May with bike and a cabin for 320 euro, that was the Flexi ticket too. Booked it in December

Isn't it cheaper to go Eire to Wales and ride to the tunnel, more time on the bike as well?

I’ll pay any price on the Irish France ferry rather than ride down through England I’ve done it for years but last year was it, never ever again. Average speed cameras and traffic jams and wanker car drivers.

I’ll pay any price on the Irish France ferry rather than ride down through England I’ve done it for years but last year was it, never ever again. Average speed cameras and traffic jams and wanker car drivers.

Agreed. Did it 10 Years ago and never again. Horrible experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferry to france

Sent email to Irish ferries to ask why no more sailing from rosslare to France
The reply I got was that after a survey 80% of people preferred to sail from Dublin due to coming from up that part of this Emerald Isle and the Northern Ireland
Stena out of rosslare nearly booked up
Brittany Ferries out of cork €600 plus with cabin ( crazy)

Brittany Ferries only 260 euros with cabin if you go in September. If you can wait till then it is worth it as every place is grand and quiet and weather is normally good

looking to go 25 th May for 3 weeks
Hopefully heading to Mugello for motogp then on to Jerez for WSBK
Irish ferries looking the best option at moment

Saw this at the deep water berth a day or two back. No doubt part of the rejigging due to Brexit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-184101_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-184101_Gallery.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 240
looking to go 25 th May for 3 weeks
Hopefully heading to Mugello for motogp then on to Jerez for WSBK
Irish ferries looking the best option at moment
A dream trip indeed.

Enjoy that.......as the kids these days say.... "I'm well jel"

S20 5G sent this......

Sent email to Irish ferries to ask why no more sailing from rosslare to France
The reply I got was that after a survey 80% of people preferred to sail from Dublin due to coming from up that part of this Emerald Isle and the Northern Ireland
Stena out of rosslare nearly booked up
Brittany Ferries out of cork €600 plus with cabin ( crazy)

The service was moved from Rosslare to Dublin port a while back, maybe two years ago.
At the time they trotted out that line about their customers' preference.
Despite receiving weekely promo emails from IF I was never asked for an opinion. I never heard mention of a survey in the media either - until the move was announced.
Of course they're entitled to do whatever they consider good business but why mis-represent the decision.

And yes it was a good trip got ferry from Dublin drove down to mugello then got ferry from Italy to Spain then down to Jerez
Then back up through France for return
Happy times

Back
Top Bottom