Camera for front of bike.

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After my crash I’m looking for some sort of camera that will record video and lock the 30 seconds or so before colission. I have a RT/lc and one that gets coverd by the screen automatically coming to its lower position after switching off might do. I know there’s a lot of stuff available out there. I’m not making a movie or anything like that. A helmet cam is not suitable as I sometimes bring my lid into work and cameras arnt allowed. (Prison) thanks something not too expensive JJH

I use a Drift Stealth in continuous record mode and power it from the OEM socket (2014 GSA).

The back plate is modified (friend 3D printed a new one) so that the power can be constant. Turns in when bike is powered up.

0b1c89492ffdf6abe0193e681d4cdbce.jpg

c3e20788f47eeff8eca27cd8104b9022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the Drift Stealth is a very good bit of kit :)

I understand the Drift Stealth is a very good bit of kit :)

Robust, watertight and never missed a beat in all the years I have been using it.

I’ve just swapped bikes and have uninstalled an innovv k1 which has 2 cameras and is fit n forget, wired up to the battery. I’m probably going to move on to the new k2 as it lets you connect wirelessly. It wasn’t without its problems when I 1st fitted it but overall has been good and I was using it mainly for the commute.

Robust, watertight and never missed a beat in all the years I have been using it.

This matches my experience. Not a hiccup with it after daily use for almost 3 years (or whenever they came out).

I never thought of hooking one up to the be mounted on the bike and powered off it. Good idea.

JJH. The DVR mode should achieve your aim of storing the video just before an incident. It doesn't have be the full, specified length of video (I think it'll break the video up into file durations of 1min or 3min or 5min ). So if you had files of 5min duration selected, it would just video a shorter file if the power ends sooner.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you don’t want to go to the expense of a gropro or drift then have a look at the sjcam range.
I’ve been using an M10 for nearly five years now and have had excellent results over that time and all for less than £60.
I’m currently looking at replacing it with an SJ6 Legend which is available on Amazon for £135 including waterproof/shockproof case and every conceivable fitting attachment your ever likely to need + they also have a monopod and wrist remote available for a measly £24, fantastic value for money.

Recommend innovv k2. Discrete on bike, covers front and back. Fit and forget almost.

Yes it will cost around £270 but the first time you need it it will be worth every penny!

Spent months researching looking at different options but in to have cameras covering the front and rear is a no brainer

I have an innovv c5 on my RT. I have it fit under the nose so it's out of sight. Records when I turn on the ignition and then turns off soon after I turn the key. Camera is great, the innovv app is a bit shite though!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Just fitted one of these to my bike which is ignition controlled and also has motion detection. . Seems pretty well built though I haven't had time to try it . https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302848100119?chn=ps

I’d be interested in seeing some of your footage and your thoughts to how good/bad it is. Doesn’t look waterproof in any way..!

It'll be a while before I get to use them. The cameras are supposed to be waterproof though they are mounted in ares which are protected form the elements so shouldn't be an issue.

Just fitted one of these to my bike which is ignition controlled and also has motion detection. . Seems pretty well built though I haven't had time to try it . https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302848100119?chn=ps

I bought a cheaper one like this. Works ok but the resolution is just not what they state it should be. IIRC, the rear image was reversed too, and could not be switched round. (You could do it in s separate program if you so desired.)

I personally run the Innovs, the Vsys and Roadhawks (RH no longer available unfortunately). Fire and forget.

Back
Top Bottom