Nav V and OSM maps

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Nav V will run OSM maps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, hadn’t found that, but I specifically want to know if OSM maps run on a Nav V - I know they run on other Garmin devices as I’ve used them on Zumo’s and Montana’s.

This thread indicates Wapping loaded some OSM tiles (old, non-routable) onto a Nav V, but there’s another thread which seemed to indicate routes don’t calculate properly on a Nav V, hanging at 80%.

Thanks, hadn’t found that, but I specifically want to know if OSM maps run on a Nav V - I know they run on other Garmin devices as I’ve used them on Zumo’s and Montana’s.

This thread indicates Wapping loaded some OSM tiles (old, non-routable) onto a Nav V, but there’s another thread which seemed to indicate routes don’t calculate properly on a Nav V, hanging at 80%.

Yep sorry mate this was the best I could find, if I find something else, will post it....;)

Cheers, I couldn’t find anything after trawling through here, advrider and HUBB. Maybe someone has tried it - it looks like it would need someone with real world experience to know, since Wapping seems to have determined that they will load and be visible - less clear if they actually work

Yes, they’ll run (work) on a Nav V. They’ll run (work) on a Nav VI and just about on any recent Garmin (or Garmin based) device. Install and use with confidence.

Yep! Did 5,000 miles round West Coast America using them on a nav 5. The only thing I missed over the Garmin maps was the speed camera alerts!:D

No problem.

To install the Open Street maps I simply followed a couple of the very simple ‘How to do it’ videos / read a couple of the guides on the internet and relied on my Mac / the Garmin / OSM software to sort it all out for me. I don’t understand one bit about files, folders or operating systems and the like, so I never muck about; I’m just content that it seems to work.

Thanks everyone. Trying to sort out some mapping for a friend who's doing the London-Beijing Globebusters trip.

Apparently they were pretty non prescriptive when it came to devices (other than it should be Garmin) and they load tracks onto an SD card to put onto the device each night. They mentioned OSM maps but largely its up to each punter to use whatever they're comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom