R1100GS tickover etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie13

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just purchased a cheap R1100GS the other day. Bike has recently had a full service inc plugs/throttle balance. When I went to collect the bike, she started well but settled into a rather rough idle with the odd skipping of a beat, if this makes sense?! I seem to remember a friend’s R1100RT having a similar issue, that came and went, and that being diagnosed as the hall sensor? When underway, the motor seems smooth and pulls pretty well with only slight hesitation. Very difficult for any meaningful help on this without being here and hearing and feeling what’s happening, but any ideas? Bike has recently had a new, non-BMW fuel filter fitted, but it’s the ‘skipping a beat’ bit that’s most annoying, as that does make me this it’s something electrical that’s amiss?! Haven’t had a chance to put any fresh fuel in her yet either. Any help would be much appreciated :thumb

Hi all,
Just purchased a cheap R1100GS the other day. Bike has recently had a full service inc plugs/throttle balance. When I went to collect the bike, she started well but settled into a rather rough idle with the odd skipping of a beat, if this makes sense?! I seem to remember a friend’s R1100RT having a similar issue, that came and went, and that being diagnosed as the hall sensor? When underway, the motor seems smooth and pulls pretty well with only slight hesitation. Very difficult for any meaningful help on this without being here and hearing and feeling what’s happening, but any ideas? Bike has recently had a new, non-BMW fuel filter fitted, but it’s the ‘skipping a beat’ bit that’s most annoying, as that does make me this it’s something electrical that’s amiss?! Haven’t had a chance to put any fresh fuel in her yet either. Any help would be much appreciated :thumb

My 1100 does the same ; just a quick skip now and then at low revs; never bothered about it; i just thought it was one of the bikes natural quirks:D ; you could always use the fast idle lever to get past it if you wanted .

R1100GS
I've recently had a new hall sensor fitted, the throttle balanced, mixture sorted and spark plugs checked.
It still skips the odd beat at tickover.
At the moment I'm putting it down to a characteristic of the bike especially after reading the above posts, unless anyone knows different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom