2015 GS Adventure Rusted subframe

paint it get on with life.

be interested in where you got if from though, if its the one I think it is I am not surprised. My son lives near Letchworth and bought his bike from Cotswold as the nearest dealer to him were appaling, he got one bike from them never never again.

First of all you bought off Park Lane so they are responsible for warranty. Anything from BMW Is in addition to your rights. You shouldn’t let them palm you off. I had corrosion on my 2014 GSA and I ended up with a new frame swing arm exhaust and new engine cases. I reported the matter to my dealer they took photos and 2 weeks later told me to call in. They gave me a loan bike and a week later I collected my rebuilt bike. I think I payed €2-300 for brake pads. JJH

First of all you bought off Park Lane so they are responsible for warranty. Anything from BMW Is in addition to your rights. You shouldn’t let them palm you off. I had corrosion on my 2014 GSA and I ended up with a new frame swing arm exhaust and new engine cases. I reported the matter to my dealer they took photos and 2 weeks later told me to call in. They gave me a loan bike and a week later I collected my rebuilt bike. I think I payed €2-300 for brake pads. JJH

In or out of warranty period JJH

Well out. No extended either. All good will. JJH

JJH, that's heartening, but Park Lane are not willing to push this with BMW UK.
I've written to them telling them how disgusted I am with them and requesting a phonecall direct from the MD.
I'll post updates, but I don't expect much from them going by their attitude so far.

I've written to them telling them how disgusted I am with them and requesting a phonecall direct from the MD.
I'll post updates, but I don't expect much from them going by their attitude so far.

Contact BMW directly

BMW Motorrad Customer Service, BMW (UK) Ltd, Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB
Telephone 0370 5050 160 Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm or Email: customer.service@bmw.co.uk

There isn’t any goodwill there so. JJH

Park lane are “BMW UK” - it’s a directly owned flagship dealer.

Park lane are “BMW UK” - it’s a directly owned flagship dealer.

It’s still up to them to process the claim. If they won’t I can’t see any success. Unless going the legal route. That’s going to be a nightmare. I’d say they don’t want the bother. JJH

i have had the sub frame , rear wheel , rear diff , spots , clocks, mirrors , all replaced under warranty its a 66 plate 1200 gsa , if they cant make a bike to stand up to harsh Scottish winter then do not sell them thats my take on hit........

i have had the sub frame , rear wheel , rear diff , spots , clocks, mirrors , all replaced under warranty its a 66 plate 1200 gsa , if they cant make a bike to stand up to harsh Scottish winter then do not sell them thats my take on hit........

The build quality/finish on bikes is no way as good as on cars. They’re getting away with it for years. Not just bmw. JJH

I phoned BMW direct, they just went back to the Park Lane MD for his input.
Try and find out contact details for the the person who is in charge (where the buck stops) of BMW Motarrad UK Customer Services and contact them directly with accurate details of your plight up 'til now.
Email is probably preferable as it leaves a trail.

Sent from a U11

I just plaster mine with ACF50 regularly and have no issues except for a little corrosion on the cylinder heads (black engine) where the exhaust headers are. One of the culprits contributing to subframe issues is the insane lack of adequate protection on factory standard bikes around the rear wheel. First thing I did was fit a Pyramid extender to protect the shock, along with centre stand bash plate and now I have the hugger to fit. That little lot makes a marked improvement to protecting the subframe and shock/linkages. No brainer, especially when you see the amount of salt chucked on our roads over winter. No bike I've ever owned has survived a winter unscathed without some corrosion if ridden on salt and gravel-laden roads.

To the OP...you have my sympathies but why wait a year, allowing it to get worse, before doing something? Hasn't that just allowed it to get a lot worse? BMW claim or not, I'd have whipped everything off the back and seen to it myself after first taking pictures of the corrosion. Probably worth removing it, sand it down and send it for powder coating.

Rust on frame

They said the same to me and said they would put forward a good will case here in Dublin Ireland.I said to them it was corroding while the bike was in its guarantee.i did'nt use it much in winter either.they are replacing the frame and final drive too.P.S.and the engine casings too.Hope you get sorted.

They said the same to me and said they would put forward a good will case here in Dublin Ireland.I said to them it was corroding while the bike was in its guarantee.i did'nt use it much in winter either.they are replacing the frame and final drive too.P.S.and the engine casings too.Hope you get sorted.

Hi, you're having problems in exactly the same spots as me...rear subframe, drive shaft cover and engine casings. It seems to be a common theme. I've sourced a replacement subframe by myself as BMW are refusing to help, but I've been advised to send the frame off to be properly powder-coated before fitting it as the BMW finish is all but useless.
ACF-50 seems to be the answer, so I'll be spraying the entire bike before it goes back on the road.

Back
Top Bottom