2006 immobilizer reprogram

db-89

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
the immobilizer fob on my gsa went dead and i didnt replace the battery for a month and now it wont work.light flashes and it was working fine .i cant seem to find anything online for the k25 online. does anyone know how its done?

the immobilizer fob on my gsa went dead and i didnt replace the battery for a month and now it wont work.light flashes and it was working fine .i cant seem to find anything online for the k25 online. does anyone know how its done?

Depends on what you want

Registration mode , to register the unit (fob), up to four units only

Sync mode

Battery change mode

Start with battery change mode

After changing the battery LED 3 should remain on - the fob requires Synchronising

holding the fob in range of the reciever (bike) press and hold button 1 twice in quick succesion

Led 3 should start flashing and go out a few seconds later

Fob should now be syncd to the bike

To sync fob when battery ok or you've been playing plipper wars ;)

Press and hold button 1&2 - Led 3 flashes
Led stop flasing after 10 seconds
Release buttons 1&2 LED should remain on
Press button 1 or 2 Led should go off

Fob should be syncd

mine is the 2 button tyre fob with a single led.when i replaced the battery it did flash numerous times. when i tried the button 1 bush twice it didnt do anything

mine is the 2 button tyre fob with a single led.when i replaced the battery it did flash numerous times. when i tried the button 1 bush twice it didnt do anything

Thats the intsructions from a 2006 unit 2 buttons & 1 led

Take the battery out and start again ;)

Your a star mate. was just being an egit.worked perfect.thanks for your help

If you don't have the Manual for the alarm, perhaps you may download it here.
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/services/manuals/manuals_main.html&notrack=1

The tricky part about finding the manual for the alarm is that while it is listed under Original BMW Accessories, it is not listed under the "R" models selection.
You will find the alarm manual under the "K" models selection. And there are manuals for several different years. E.g If you want the -2004 manual, search for the K1200R, while the -2006 manual will be listed under the K1200GT, and -2008 under K1300GT.
It would be more clear if they had listed the Alarm manual under the Universal category, as it works the same on different models, but for some reason they don't.

Anyway, the manual is in there, and may be downloaded without any restrictions and free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom