Throttle Stiffener / Cruise Control (ish!)

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am doing quite a lot of miles on my 1150 GSA and one thing I really notice that's different from my old K100RT is the little screw under the throttle mount that I could tighten to secure the throttle and give my hand/wrist a short break on long journeys.

Can anyone recommend a solution that they've used and like that will allow me to set the throttle position and take my hand off for a second to give my hand a break, rather like a cruise control, in the same way the screw worked on the K100?

I do have guards attached too. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.\

I have seen the KAOKO option.

Thanks in advance.

Undo the bar end bolt, slide a thick elastic band up the grip and into the gap between grip and switchgear, double it up until you get the level of friction you seek, tighten up bar end bolt and ride off into the sunset knowing you have stuck it to the man.

I have one of these from Jaws, a little knurled ring that fits on the bar end weights. Works a treat.

Attachments

• 1AB35E3A-4D1F-4F32-8FA6-37F90A07D062.jpeg
    1AB35E3A-4D1F-4F32-8FA6-37F90A07D062.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 169
I've got something similar to the one Jaws sells and would add, if you get one set it up when the heated grips are hot or your throttle will drag when you switch on your grips.

The annoying thing is I had a k100 years ago and didn't realise the throttle lock was there. :blast

I bought and fitted one of these years ago and must admit it is a PITA. With the hand guards on and gloves, it is nigh impossible to operate it because you can only get two digits to try and adjust it while riding.
In fact, it has never been used for the purpose intended and like today while riding it stiffened up making throttle use painful. The old end weight is lost somewhere so might just glue this adapter so it cannot move.
The throttle buster that wraps around the grip and you use your palm to control throttle speed is a lot better.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom