Thread: New to the forum, please be gentle ;-)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Wink New to the forum, please be gentle ;-)

Hi, I am a newbie to the forum, I am 28 years old and live in sunny Scotland I have recently bought a 2016 BMW GSA and absolutely love this machine. I first bought the R1200 GS back in 2014, then traded it in for 2011 GSA air cooled model then decided I wanted the LC with all the gadgets on it. Its a big bike but awesome to ride, I haven't had a chance to get it off the beaten track yet but I will soon.

Anyone else on the forum from Scotland? looking to get out with more GS riders this year.

Also looking at planning my first ever bike trip around Europe this year if anyone can give me some good routes/places to visit.

Cheers
    Jamie

Hi Jamie. Welcome to the madhouse.

There are some very good threads on here about Europe trips.
    If you do a search you'll find them.
    Tip: To do searches its easiest to use google and just put 'UKGSER' in the search criteria.

Welcome Jamie, enjoy the new GS

Welcome.
    There are endless great roads and places to visit in mainland Europe.
    As AA says use Google or search on this forum and hours will go by easily.
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Hi Jamie am from am from fae whats it called Cumbernauld Central Belt also riding a 2016 gsa ................

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Jamie and welcome aboard. I'm jist up the road frae you, here in Ladybank. You'll be one of the younger members on here. Most of them are grumpy old buggers, myself excluded, of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Hi Jamie and welcome aboard. I'm jist up the road frae you, here in Ladybank. You'll be one of the younger members on here. Most of them are grumpy old buggers, myself excluded, of course.....
    I'm not grumpy!
    Well, I can be.
    I don't act old though.
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Hi moosh and welcome

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Hi Jamie
    Welcome to the forum at first.
    If you plan a tour around Europe you have to visit Bavaria, maybe also Munich.
    Please write me! I know some beautiful places and nice routes/places through the Bavarian Forrest
    I will be home in Munich in June/July and August

I'm also a newbie, just joined today. Live down the road in Ayr with my 2017 GSA.

We're sadly lacking up this neck of the woods for decent off road, but there are a few reasonable gravel and dirt tracks out in Galloway Forest....

The 24hr Le Mans bike race is in April, over the Easter weekend. That was my first Euro trip in 2002, not too far and some good riding and history in and around the landing area in Normandy. Only need a long weekend and it's a good starter to Euro travel..

Hi Jamie & welcome to the forum....
    Bounce

Welcome Jamie. Lots of touring experience here. Just post in the relevant section but have a trawl through likely threads also.
    Start every day with a smile ... Get it over with!

Quote Originally Posted by scotboxer View Post
    Welcome Jamie. Lots of touring experience here. Just post in the relevant section but have a trawl through likely threads also.
    Good morning SparkyGSA, sounds good mate, you are not to far away from me, maybe get a ride out on the bikes sometime??