2009 GSA Handguard extenders

Colin1958

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a problem in that the tips of my fingers get very cold as the handguards don't drop as low as the 2006 GS ones I had previously.

All of the extenders I've seen tend to extend the top of the guard not the bottom. Obviously, I could fit extenders to the top and swivel the guards down, but I was wondering if there was a product that simply extends the bottom of the guard?

I've had a look around but couldn't find anything, and I really don't want to fit muffs.

All help gratefully received.

I have a problem in that the tips of my fingers get very cold as the handguards don't drop as low as the 2006 GS ones I had previously.

All of the extenders I've seen tend to extend the top of the guard not the bottom. Obviously, I could fit extenders to the top and swivel the guards down, but I was wondering if there was a product that simply extends the bottom of the guard?

I've had a look around but couldn't find anything, and I really don't want to fit muffs.

All help gratefully received.

Can you not fit 06 guards to an 09?

I really don't know if the 2006 or the Rallye ones would fit - I just wondered if there was an off the shelf solution. It seems an obvious requirement - in fact I can't understand why they made them smaller in the first place!

I really don't know if the 2006 or the Rallye ones would fit - I just wondered if there was an off the shelf solution. It seems an obvious requirement - in fact I can't understand why they made them smaller in the first place![/QUOTE

Post 2 & 3 have give you two potential off the shelf soloutions .. they make them smaller because its cheaper ;) less material ;) ;)

Try motorworks / Nippy normans / or touratech they do new & SH parts

Fit the extended tops and turn the guards down so the front edge sits lower. Before spending on parts, some gaffa tape and milk bottle plastic will prove if it helps.

I think the stock ones actually make it worse, you get wind curling over and making things cold.... kind of works in the summer. Somewhere I saw a clever design (that should be std) where you can move an extension in place or back out of sight. Looked OEM but was a good design so obviously not.

Back
Top Bottom