Avoiding Insurance Liability After Sale Office Closed

bisbee

VIGILUM
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bearing in mind the recent thread regarding Insurance liability after a bike sale
I tried calling my Broker I got an automated message about office hours Next I emailed them However Their website says that policies cannot be changed via email :nenau

So apart from not conducting a sale out of office hours How do they expect one (or them) to avoid liability?

:beerjug:

Bennetts btw

You've provided notice to on the day of sale which would be fair and reasonable. It happens to be a weekend and shock horror no one is there.

If you decided to inform them in early June, that wouldn't be fair and reasonable, now would it.

To summarise: You've wasted five minutes of your life typing out that. I've wasted two of mine responding.

Shall we move on, per chance... :D

Firstly it was more of a general point and no reflection on the buyer Secondly fair and reasonable is open to interpretation since their statement about emails is vague
Wouldn't it be better for Bennets to have a reporting system?

I have to add that the DVLA does not appear to work on a Sunday either :blast

I specifically asked about this same scenario and without fail sarcastic answers given. Out of hours is a problem.

They won't take instruction by email because they want to charge you.

I have a different view that you tell them at the first opportunity when they are open and fuck em. Not sure where we stand legally but if they are not open why should the policy holder be liable...

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

So meanwhile, back in the real world.

What happened when you phoned and actually asked the insurance company about those circumstances?

So meanwhile, back in the real world.

What happened when you phoned and actually asked the insurance company about those circumstances?

Insurers could not give satisfactory answer but fleeced me anyway Ombudsman may get involved we will see The DVLA are also dealing with my complaint So that's ten minutes wasted :D

Back
Top Bottom