Mugello 2018 - Tour 1 Ride Report

Thanks for sharing your travels and the little tips like parking on the tunnel, so obvious but i never gave it a thought before.

When we were returning from Mugello we thought it would be a bit of a laugh to ride around the road closed signs and try to get over the Col d’Iseran and at first all seemed well with a few bits of mud and debris on the road that we easily rode around then the snow at the sides of the road got deep and all of a sudden we hit a solid wall of snow about 10’ high :blast

It was particularly annoying because we could see the ski lifts at the top probably only 1/2 mile in front and it cost us an extra 50 miles or so because of our misguided sense of adventure :D

Ha, same with us at the Col de la Bonette, we went over the Col but that last short loop at the top had a wall of snow to stop us getting around.

Thanks for sharing your travels and the little tips like parking on the tunnel, so obvious but i never gave it a thought before.

I've never understood why they park the bikes pointing to the left but, in all the hundreds of tunnel crossings I've made on the tunnel (personal and for work) I've never heard of one toppling over apart from a few rider errors...

Good ride report (and the 2017 one as well)!

Back
Top Bottom