1200GS fender extenders

Yep got the cheap one had it on the last two LC GS’s done about 24k with it fitted, I had the Avent one before honestly can’t see the difference.

I do generally agree with others about cheep Chinese stuff but not this time.

+1

The generic, £20 front mudguard extender that you see all over eBay, which is held on with two clamps and needs no holes drilled in the original mudguard, is probably the single best (cheap) upgrade that anyone can make to a standard GS (IMHO) ;) . It's sad that Avant had to pay for all of the r&d costs, only to have their great product copied by those sinful Chinese :mad: , but that's modern life for you.

FWIW, I bought a genuine Fender Extenda product for the front mudguard of my GS, but soon realised that it need holes drilling through the stock mudguard and a combination of rivets and sticky pads to hold it on :( . Not the best solution, considering the fact that the bolt-on ones are so durable and cheap to replace (if you ever need to) :nenau .

I have the genuine Fenda Extenda. I glued it onto the mud guard and it stayed there quite happily for 3 years. When I chopped the bike in the dealer transfered my add ons to the new bike, they self tappered the Fenda Extenda to the new bike :blast
If they said we can't glue it on, I would have said, Fine I'll do it. There was a clue there, I didn't screw it on the old one, so why.................

First Delivery

Received the front fender extender today, looks good, certainly nothing wrong with the quality. The plastic matches the front mudguard, so happy with this one. I ordered this on the 16th, so not to bad on the delivery time.

Attachments

• 20190124_143156.jpg
    20190124_143156.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 662
  • 20190124_143822.jpg
    20190124_143822.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 740
These cheap Chinese copies may actually be the genuine article which have left the factory by the backdoor. It’s not unknown for Chinese manufacturers to make 6000 of a product for a Western company and then make another 6000 which are then sold by other companies.

We’ve been offered spare parts for our equipment at work from companies in the same city as the firm which makes our parts and there’s no way they’ve spent €300,000 on the dies for high pressure die-cast aluminium components :mad:

I have the ‘cheap shite’ on both the front and rear. Never had an issue and works perfectly well. Apart from a logo, I doubt anyone could tell the difference.

The rear one is eBay item no 292665781360
£21.99 delivered. I haven’t recieved this one yet.

The front one is, eBay item no 192364973072
£19.49 delivered. Recieved this one all good.

Another thing to add in in is.....the resale value of course if you are not keeping the bike along time. My GS in 2013 had the genuine mudslinger on, I paid around £125 for it. Sold five years later for £90 ! The chineses one I’m sure would have fallen apart by then.

Do you buy cheap helmets ? Cheap gloves ! Bet you don’t

fender extenders are not for a safety purpose DC

OK last post from me, the rear one arrived today, ordered on the 16th, so not bad. The quality is fine, it’s a pretty sturdy bit of plastic. The fit on the bike is great, no need to alter it to clear the swinging arm, as mentioned in the post by others. Very please with it.

I’ve marked it with a yellow line so you can see it in the photo.

Attachments

• C7DDD057-D54F-4C84-ACDE-D28AF77845A7.jpg
    C7DDD057-D54F-4C84-ACDE-D28AF77845A7.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 548
  • D41A3009-D21D-446C-A287-CFB56DD6C124.jpg
    D41A3009-D21D-446C-A287-CFB56DD6C124.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 424
Received the front fender extender today, looks good, certainly nothing wrong with the quality. The plastic matches the front mudguard, so happy with this one. I ordered this on the 16th, so not to bad on the delivery time.

Mine arrived today and it’s just as good as the Machine Art one I had on my old 1200 GS LC. A real bargain for £19.49 :beerjug:

OK last post from me, the rear one arrived today, ordered on the 16th, so not bad. The quality is fine, it’s a pretty sturdy bit of plastic. The fit on the bike is great, no need to alter it to clear the swinging arm, as mentioned in the post by others. Very please with it.

I’ve marked it with a yellow line so you can see it in the photo.

Hi i ordered the expensive one and had to send it back as it rubbed the rear tyre, i have now been looking at the cheap ones. My thinking being if i need to modify it. then its not such a big deal. I assume the cheap version did not rub the rear tyre?

Wasn't it touching whilst the bike was on the centre stand - so not really a fair comment of what you bought in use?

Attachments

• Mudsling.PNG
    Mudsling.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 196
Wasn't it touching whilst the bike was on the centre stand - so not really a fair comment of what you bought in use?

It was touching whilst on the centre you are right, but even when i took it off the centre stand the gap between tyre and the fender extender was so close as i said before you could not get the tip of your little finger between tyre and Mudsling. It was way to close for my liking but am sure others are fine with it, just wanted to give my opinion on it.
I must also add that they were happy to refund for the item bought.

I have now ordered one from Amazon link below, the price is just £15.99 and although a little shorter than the Mudsling its not close to the rear tyre. I will post some pictures so at least you can see what i mean.

Hope this helps others.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle...2016&qid=1557160614&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

The cheaper one arrived and i have fitted it, its shorter than the genuine item but at least not as close to the rear tyre. I have added photos so others can see it fitted.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 169
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf3.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 170
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf6.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bf6.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 133

Back
Top Bottom