1200GS fender extenders

Tetley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for front and rear fender extenders for my 1200GS LC. So the mudsling offering at £169 big photo....or eBay offerings for £40 Two small photos. It’s a big difference for what looks like the same bits of plastic.

Attachments

• AB57784F-F37C-4BED-B911-B800D1EB27D4.png
    AB57784F-F37C-4BED-B911-B800D1EB27D4.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,127
  • B0192964-4C4C-4B16-A1E9-D85F978F88B3.jpeg
    B0192964-4C4C-4B16-A1E9-D85F978F88B3.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 9B15D01F-7DBC-4972-81CB-99E510FB4D21.jpeg
    9B15D01F-7DBC-4972-81CB-99E510FB4D21.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,021
Why would you skimp and put cheap Chinese shit on an expensive bike?:nenau

It’s cheap for a reason.:rob

Whatever you do...stay away from the Maier rear mud guard as it rubs on the swingarm. They didn't give two shits either

Don’t know that is cheap shit as I haven’t seen it in the flesh, so to speak. Has anyone used the cheap option....

As with most things... you get what you pay for. The Machine Art Mudsling is a good quality item, its not cheap but it will fit. Ditto for the Avent front extender.
Basically pay cheap and get cheap.....

Since I couldn’t tell the diffrence between the cheap China shit version and the more expensive ones, I chose the cheap one.

Adjusted the low edge with a heat gun and installed it. It works ...

Before
lDsuGEJ.jpg

After
lOs14yo.jpg

Room enough installed
UtNkEQx.jpg

Don’t know that is cheap shit as I haven’t seen it in the flesh, so to speak. Has anyone used the cheap option....

Yep got the cheap one had it on the last two LC GS’s done about 24k with it fitted, I had the Avent one before honestly can’t see the difference.

I do generally agree with others about cheep Chinese stuff but not this time.

why would you pay dear for the same thing
ive the cheap shit and doing a perfect job. and looks every bit as good as the dear shite nutty

As long as it does what you want, that’s all that matters, but there were a lot of reports of poor quality. Hell, even the guy above had to faff about with a heat gun on his! I’d personally rather buy from a reputable company that has spent time doing the necessary R&D, and that offers a proper warranty, rather than a Chinese company that’s just ripped off someone else’s design.

Another thing to add in in is.....the resale value of course if you are not keeping the bike along time. My GS in 2013 had the genuine mudslinger on, I paid around £125 for it. Sold five years later for £90 ! The chineses one I’m sure would have fallen apart by then.

Do you buy cheap helmets ? Cheap gloves ! Bet you don’t

It was only a few minutes of extra work, just to make sure it had enough room. And, as we can read, buying an expensive one does not guarantee a perfect fit ...

But I for sure will not say all China stuff is good. It’s not all bad either. It is a lot cheaper though.

My GS in 2013 had the genuine mudslinger on, I paid around £125 for it. Sold five years later for £90 ! The chineses one I’m sure would have fallen apart by then.
No. This has cost you £35 in the end. My mudguard costs les ...

Do you buy cheap helmets ? Cheap gloves ! Bet you don’t
No, but a mudguard / fender extender is something quite different; is has no crucial protective function.

I put this on the front as it is not as ugly as most of the offerings out there.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...C+++Adventure+Extenda+Fenda&partNumber=054235

On the rear I have fitted the Puig infill panels which use some of the mounting points that a Mudsling uses so I bought a cheapo Chinese one and butchered it to fit, works a treat.

On the rear of the bike, it depends what you are trying to achieve:
Keeping the shock clean....Mudsling
Keeping you and the back of the bike clean....Puig infill panels.

On the way to finding a method of keeping me and the Doris clean I fitted the Puig hugger, It had the least effect of all the things I have tried, but, as it is bought and paid for it stays on the bike.
The combo of all three on the rear is now on its second GS (36,000mls) and works well at keeping the bike and passengers clean.

Looking for front and rear fender extenders for my 1200GS LC. So the mudsling offering at £169 big photo....or eBay offerings for £40 Two small photos. It’s a big difference for what looks like the same bits of plastic.

Hi mate, I’ve got both (genuine Machine Art) guards for sale if you are interested.

Let me know via PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom