Holan Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGER999

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any experience of fitting Holan luggage to their 1150. Just been on their site and the kit looks pretty smart...…….and keenly priced ! The pannier frames seem to be compatible with Zega Pro boxes as well as their own, which is ideal as I have a pair of Touratech boxes in the garage. Also the small topbox caught my attention too.....sold as suitable for photography kit but looks ideal as a replacement for a tailpack. Would be nice to hear of any views you guys have. Cheers :thumby:

Fitted a pair of there frames to my 1100 all lined up great, had to use the odd spacer etc but only because my rear sub frame is a little tired and got some slightly longer bolts to use on the foot peg attachment but only so I could get an extra nut on the end for more security. I did give them an extra coat of paint before fitting but on the whole fast delivery and pretty good quality...Do not be put off with having to pay via bank transfer it all worked out fine for me....bought mine for a set of Ardcases

Ok.......must admit I was a little unsure of paying direct to Poland rather than a Paypal payment but that helps. The Holan frames look to come in almost half the price of the Touratech ones.........£150 or £300 :eek:.......Don’t suppose anyone knows any other options in the way of frames for the ZEGA pro boxes ???

I had Holan racks on my 1150GS that enabled fitting 1200GSA boxes on. Worked great.

I had Holan racks on my 1150GS that enabled fitting 1200GSA boxes on. Worked great.

How did that go with the pillion footpegs Mike ? I know the Touratech ones say they have adaptors to allow the pegs to be refitted...…..no mention of this with the Holan ones.

I don't remember any issues with pillion pegs, I will try and dig out some photos to check this.

:mmmm:mmmm
Bought a set, fitted them to the 1150 but they placed the ARDcase panniers too far back.
Took them off and there are still in the garage.

Don’t suppose you have any pics of them on the bike ????? Also any recollections of how they fitted with the pillion foot pegs :nenau

Not sure how much different the rear end is of your 1150 to my 1100 but here is a couple of pics of the right side of mine if it helps

Attachments

• DSCF1018.JPG
    DSCF1018.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF1019.JPG
    DSCF1019.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for that........really useful to see the pics and that they fit with the standard rear footpegs. Were they the asymmetric ones that allow for a full pannier on the exhaust side ?? Take it you didn’t have any issues with the pannier position unlike nud1e ???

Mine are the ones for panniers with a cutout on the exhaust side, The only issue was making a bracket for the indicators to sit under the rack as I was not happy with them being concealed. There is prob about 10mm gap between the end of the peg and start of the pannier, I guess if the Touratech ones come with different foot pegs they may well sit a bit more forward..

:thumbThanks for that.........just guessing it might be safer to go Touratech.....least I know they will fit perfectly out of the box:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom