Why we do winter rallies

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ll fill in the blank spaces over the next few days but this is how I found the bike this morning.

efb150876c58e185489bb137fe5b0c68.jpg

My winter riding days are severely curtailed fromchoice nowadays. Years of riding a bike all year around has played havoc with my knees!

BTW
You must have had the butter in the fridge.
How long before someone is along to berrate you for obvious lack of security. :blast

I took the keys out overnight and emptied the tankbag but left my panniers & rollbag on the bike. I’m not in the UK now so you can actually trust people a bit more.

Pah .... that's nowt :rob

My R100R on the Elephant Rally a few years ago. -15 at night :D

i-ngHdbd3-L.jpg

Perhaps the best 'bike BMW ever made :thumb

:beerjug:

I’ve done the Elephant 5 times and now I’m old and decrepit I prefer the smaller rallies. This one is great and they’ve made us really welcome so it’s one I’d come back to.

Update: we paid the equivalent of £16 for 2 evening meals, 2 breakfasts, unlimited wood for the fire and beer is £24 for a crate of 30 bottles of Tuborg. I quite like this place.

I will do a slightly more detailed report later but I’ve just had 3 glasses of local schnapps forced on me so it’ll have to wait.

Off for a night camping in Dent tomorrow, then doing the Dragon again in a couple of weeks.
Really need to do something further afield.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

We’re close to Bjerringbro in Jutland, Denmark so it’s really an easy ride here. The weather was crap yesterday so we stopped just outside Flensburg in Germany and did the last 160 miles today.

The club that organised the rally is really friendly and bikers come from all over the country so there’ll be somewhere approaching 50 people here but it’s strictly bikes only, none of this bring a bike in a van or on a trailer crap, ride here or don’t come.

Reckon he is staying in a cosy house,then going to the rally for the day times

Cheeky bastards.

a85ddf77ebafb13a1eb9167f2ab827fa.jpg
cc0b3c9fea9fdf0a213a2af26ad9fa7b.jpg

The building at the end is their clubhouse which they purchased for the grand sum of DKK35,000 about 3 years ago. That’s just over £4K for what used to be the clubhouse for the local football club and included the pitch and car park. Not bad when you find out that there are only 11 members of the club and they own it all equally between them.

In Denmark clubs are subsidised by the state and the country is full of different clubs and most people are members of several, well that’s according to a book I’ve recently read.

All we've got is UKGSER:D

Funnily enough we won the longest distance award

026916e846fcfdcec9cce0682ac37484.jpg

Maybe that’s why we do it?

Back
Top Bottom