Rapidbike Easy vs AF-XIED

Bob Jeffries

It's good to be back ..
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having now had an extended test ride on a 1250 it has made me even more aware of the 4000 to 5000rpm flat spot of my '17 Euro 4 GSA.

I don't want to go down the "remapping" route and would prefer to fit an add-on unit that can easily be removed if required/wanted.

As far as I can see the two main options are Rapidbike Easy or AF-XIED units.

The Rapidbike Easy at about £140 (ish) seems a good deal but I've read of the issues AF-XIED had with the later LC firmware upgrade. Is the Rapidbike Easy also affected by that or have both the Rapidbike Easy and AF-XIED units overcome the issue?

AF-xied for the GS(A) LC now has a Relay Adapter Module (RAM). It will enable the AF-xied only after the lambda check is performed by the ECU. I have the AF-xied modules on my GSA (my '18, Euro4).

To my knowledge, no one has ever measured the RBE to determine that closed loop operation is maintained, nor have measurements of air/fuel ratio been made to confirm enrichment. Likewise, I’m not aware of any tests to confirm that no errors are logged, which block closed loop.

All of those tests have been made on the AF-XIED up through 2018 and will likely work on the newer models.

To my knowledge, no one has ever measured the RBE to determine that closed loop operation is maintained, nor have measurements of air/fuel ratio been made to confirm enrichment. Likewise, I’m not aware of any tests to confirm that no errors are logged, which block closed loop.

All of those tests have been made on the AF-XIED up through 2018 and will likely work on the newer models.

I have searched for the RB Easy module. In the RB compatibility chart the list the bikes up to -16 only, implying that it is not able to handle the Euro 4 software.
Honestly, that is a shame, as I fancy the idea of the one box only approach.

I'm an OAP Mark, can't afford one, and even if I could I wouldn't, not yet anyway. I'm happy with my 1200 but would be even happier if the power delivery was smoother and more Linea, don't need more power just a better delivery of what I have.

I've sent you an email about the Rapidbike unit and will ring in the week.

Back
Top Bottom