Oh dear, oh dear, another 1250 dies

BDG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just read the latest issue of BIKE magazine and the 1250GS wins the group test of the BM, Multistrada, Triumph and Super Tenere. I’d have preferred seeing it tested against the KTM.

Sadly shortly afterwards the electrics on the GS go crazy and the bike dies.

Sounds similar to the GS that died doing the 4 corners run recently. Second time, a coincidence or is there an underlying problem?

I’ve just read the latest issue of BIKE magazine and the 1250GS wins the group test of the BM, Multistrada, Triumph and Super Tenere. I’d have preferred seeing it tested against the KTM.

Sounds similar to the GS that died doing the 4 corners run recently. Second time, a coincidence or is there an underlying problem?

Software update required................:hide:hide:hide welcome to the world of Bosch

Shit-can :D

To be fair though, these are accurate examples of the 'beta-testing' program new buyers are subjected to.... they are not field ready yet.

R1250 will be ready in 3 years time :D

Shit-can :D

To be fair though, these are accurate examples of the 'beta-testing' program new buyers are subjected to.... they are not field ready yet.

R1250 will be ready in 3 years time :D

In one, the usual BMW strategy of releasing a bike before it has been fully developed and then expect your customers to be the test mules. I will maybe upgrade to an LC this year now they seem sorted so a 1250 will not be on my shopping list for at least 4 years.

In one, the usual BMW strategy of releasing a bike before it has been fully developed and then expect your customers to be the test mules. I will maybe upgrade to an LC this year now they seem sorted so a 1250 will not be on my shopping list for at least 4 years.

Just wait for those shift cam actuators to start failing... all hell will break loose.

Afik the 1250 electrics are no different from the -18.

Maybe BMW tried their own Hillcrop version and failed..............:D

Nah the power figures are too realistic to be a version of hilltop.

As I understand it the first bike that had electrics issues was a bad battery and maybe the second will be the same. When I had my Aprilia new it leaked batt acid and Aprilia had to get all dealer and customer batts replaced for a certain build period due to a bad batch

Nah the power figures are too realistic to be a version of hilltop.

As I understand it the first bike that had electrics issues was a bad battery and maybe the second will be the same. When I had my Aprilia new it leaked batt acid and Aprilia had to get all dealer and customer batts replaced for a certain build period due to a bad batch

Yep bad batches do happen...........:beerjug:

It’s naive to think that manufacturers could do much more testing before they release new models. It’s impossible to get the same total test miles that the general public do with the volume of units they buy.

BMW are no different to the other manufacturers, Ducati and KTM are just the same.

IMO, it is best to let the early adopters do the beta testing. I might change later this year, probably more likely next, the dreaded courtesy bike is usually my downfall.

I guess you always get this sort of thing with new models, there is something to be said about waiting a few years for the teething problems to be sorted. It's a BMW so they will sort things.

It’s naive to think that manufacturers could do much more testing before they release new models. It’s impossible to get the same total test miles that the general public do with the volume of units they buy.

BMW are no different to the other manufacturers, Ducati and KTM are just the same.

IMO, it is best to let the early adopters do the beta testing. I might change later this year, probably more likely next, the dreaded courtesy bike is usually my downfall.

I do agree, you can only test to a certain degree.

It's a bit like with women.
You may make a woman pregnant, and the baby will come nine months later.
But you can not do it to nine women in order to get a baby in one month.

I doubt you can order nine women to do anything.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I am not so sure about this. I am going to try and will report back in 5 weeks time.

If I survive

Back
Top Bottom