Rear brake fluctuations?

Yes well I will and do. It’s still under warranty and if there’s something wrong with it then it needs sorting. It also eats rear brake pads. Now I know they do anyway. I’m on my second set this year. Less that 1000 miles short of the service interval so I don’t know if that’s connected or now

Hi there,

I had a March 2017 GSA that was going through a set of rear pads every 3000 miles. My dealer told me it was "not unusual". I argued until blue in the face.... And light in pocket because of buying pads and having the calliper cleaned...
Eventually the dealer capitulated when the rear disk was under wear tolerance too and I demanded that it be inspected by the manufacturer.

The rear disk, pads and calliper were replaced under warranty as it was found tat the calliper was actually manufactured out of whack.

Your bike COULD have a calliper from the same batch?

When I'd had a list as long as you arm replaced under warranty - mainly for corrosion issues (including engine and drive shaft) I bit the bullet and chopped the damned thing in against a new one on a PCP deal

Mines a March 2017 GSA as well.... must have dodged a bullet on that one then..

Right, here’s a thing

Bikes first mot the other day 2016 GSA. Everything was fine apart from when tested on a rolling road the rear brake was showing flucations on the brake test dial. Quite a bit apparently. The bike shop checked everything and it all seemed ok.

Service carried out by BMW this weekend and I mentioned it to them. They did the same rolling road check and again the same fluctuations happened. They checked everything, for warped disk, pads, wheel and the lot and couldn’t feel anything on a test ride, nor could I for that matter.

Any ideas?

DKH

Put mine through its MOT last week having just fitted new pads all round - I was expecting poor braking results as definitely not bedded in just 3 miles from install but got 100% on the machine. The inspector commented that its very rare to get so high a % on any vehicle. Interestingly I was on the bike doing the brake test, on the rig & just pulled the front brake when testing the rear performance just to see what would happen & did not fancy using the foot brake whilst on the rollers. I dont remember either end pulsing, just popping up the roller as I braked

Back
Top Bottom