Somewhere South of Calais please

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS, it's now 4 nights in France so that could be 1 down 2 there and 1 back so lots of options. Does anyone have any hotel names in case we might pre-book the 1st night at least?

PS, it's now 4 nights in France so that could be 1 down 2 there and 1 back so lots of options. Does anyone have any hotel names in case we might pre-book the 1st night at least?

Go to Reims, stay in the Holiday Inn although I’d be in the Best Western on the same road 150 yards away. Both have gated parking, loads of roads to use and the evening will be very well catered for

Thanks for all the advice and I've been slowly going through it on the map and there are various options that really fit the bill. Now I've got to make a decision.
Cheers

Perhaps you could narrow it down, by telling bods where your first night is to be?

If, by happy chance, it’s to be Arras, see post #11

Hotel Mercure, Arras. 70 miles on the A26, underground parking, easy access, good restaurants......

If it’s to be Reims, see post #22

Go to Reims, stay in the Holiday Inn although I’d be in the Best Western on the same road 150 yards away. Both have gated parking, loads of roads to use and the evening will be very well catered for

But take care, as Reims is at least double your target that you and your mates are to be within 100 miles south of Calais.

If you fancy St Omer (within spitting distance of Calais) then either of the two Ibis hotels would suit you, I guess? I use the Ibis Budget (see other threads)

If you fancy St Quentin, the hotel Le Florence, comes up regularly on UKGSer. Whether that is necessarily a recommendation or not, you’ll have to decide. A very quick look in Booking.com may help you choose something. Get one of your mates to do it, as you’ve done everything so far.

Thanks guy's. We are having a team meeting at the pub Saturday to discuss and I'm armed with all this info mapped out.
Brilliant cheers
G

Also stayed at Arras a few times. Lovely town with plenty of places to eat.

We use Booking.com and there are quite a few places in the centre on on the outskirts with parking

Also stayed at Arras a few times. Lovely town with plenty of places to eat.

We use Booking.com and there are quite a few places in the centre on on the outskirts with parking

Same here - lovely place.
Also stayed in Le Florence hotel in St. Quentin - they have an enclosed courtyard for your bike - good eateries just up the hill in la place.

Same here - lovely place.
Also stayed in Le Florence hotel in St. Quentin - they have an enclosed courtyard for your bike - good eateries just up the hill in la place.

I believe I have stayed there too (with Wapping). Not just Wapping; there were lots of us. (Although as I recall one of our group met a young lady at the hotel and decided to forego the rest of the biking trip to spend the weekend at the hotel with the young lady.)

OK. we are booked into Bouillon for the 3 night base but will come back to the coast for the last night to get an earlier train. At 200 miles from Calais it's a 500 mile day but being booked in makes all the difference. I've been mapping all the info and will keep it for future use as it's all very good. We will be doing something similar June or July and Arras is looking good from your advice as a possible stop south for a longer trip.
Thanks guys
G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom