New member tyre advice required

Paul3068

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just joined the forum and looking through tyre section but seems dated on what I’ve looked at, maybe just me!!
Bought my super GS 10 days ago and looking at a new set of tyres for a road trip to Sarajevo in June, the bike has Michelin road/trail 4 I believe, had these before and had punctures.... mentioned Annakee 3 and was told they’re noisy????
Was thinking of Michelin road 5? Only gonna be doing about 20 miles of rough track/road riding so nothing to difficult, can you fire some suggestions please
Regards Paul

Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2....no road noise and do good mileage. They'll be my tyre of choice when my Bridgestones wear out..Had them on my previous LC and very pleased with them..

Continental Road Attack 3. My new bike is having them fitted before I take delivery.

I do like my Pirelli tyres, had Angel GT on last bike, super tyre��
Thanks

So I’ve got 2 in ind now, Pirelli scorpion and thes continental, never had a continental before
Thanks for the recommendation��

So I’ve got 2 in ind now, Pirelli scorpion and thes continental, never had a continental before
Thanks for the recommendation��

Make sure the tyre is black and round. Any make would do. Fit what you like the look of or the brand you prefer or what suits the pocket.

Tyres

On my second set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2. Had Metzeler Tourance Next in-between. Prefer the Pirelli's though slightly less milage, but still pretty good wear to grip ratio. I also like the Conti TKC70's, but the Scorpions are my current favourite.

Do a search on here, there are many threads around the subject.

I have Continental Trail Attacks on mine. A great all rounder. Confidence inspiring in wet or dry, and with wide enough trade to handle the odd bit of loose gravel.
Cheers
Dave

Pirelli Scorpion Trail, Loads of grip, loads of feel and loads of miles and easy to get.
Std fittment on Ducati MS and KTM 1290, I have friends who ride both and they love them as well.

On Saturday I replaced a half worn pair of Anakee's as they felt shite and we're very noisy. Replaced with Michelin Road 5's - a revelation. So much quieter and feel so much more secure, even on the shitty roads at the moment.

Yeah the road 5 get a good write up,just wasn’t sure that we’re suited to this type of bike

Back
Top Bottom