My lads first year on his Oset

Brilliant sport to get a young one interested in, will meet a lot of like minded nice people as he progresses.
There were quite a few Hamilton Yams down here as Pete Stewart ran the Stocksbridge Club and sponsored at lot of the Hillsborough club riders and Paul Rose of course. I always liked the engine in these but they were a bit of a disaster after the wholesale success of the TY250R, nothing like as agile as the Spanish and Italian offerings.

Don't know how I missed this...brilliant positive thread, thanks for sharing and good luck to your lad for the coming season(s)

Brilliant sport to get a young one interested in, will meet a lot of like minded nice people as he progresses.
There were quite a few Hamilton Yams down here as Pete Stewart ran the Stocksbridge Club and sponsored at lot of the Hillsborough club riders and Paul Rose of course. I always liked the engine in these but they were a bit of a disaster after the wholesale success of the TY250R, nothing like as agile as the Spanish and Italian offerings.

My TYZ has been extensively 'modded' and rides quite well (turns as well as a modern bike, as headstock has been altered) and of course the engine is so creamy, yet powerful too............plus I just love the 'induction roar'

Quite a different ride, compared to my 4RT

First trial on the petrol bike at Cogden with Richmond motor club and a lot more to think about from the twist and go Oset. Couple of little hiccups but getting used to the clutch and gears. Said he enjoyed it so onwards and upwards !

Attachments

• 84C9FC68-4E6E-4596-87A4-9EBDA34EFA69.jpg
    84C9FC68-4E6E-4596-87A4-9EBDA34EFA69.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 54DAA2E6-F08E-4BF8-8C13-1B5AB4A98AEE.jpg
    54DAA2E6-F08E-4BF8-8C13-1B5AB4A98AEE.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 270
Excellent, Richmond is a good club for kids. Guisborough were always good, you also get a key for the practice ground near Slapwath when you join the club.

Excellent, Richmond is a good club for kids. Guisborough were always good, you also get a key for the practice ground near Slapwath when you join the club.

We live in Richmond so going to join the Croft club and use their practice area. It’s £75 for the boy but I’m getting the bug so might get a father and son membership !

Leyburn next weekend

Attachments

• A8D92A1E-DD4F-4CA8-885F-3B88A1EB72A2.jpg
    A8D92A1E-DD4F-4CA8-885F-3B88A1EB72A2.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 263
We live in Richmond so going to join the Croft club and use their practice area. It’s £75 for the boy but I’m getting the bug so might get a father and son membership !

Before you join
Go have a look on foot first
It can be greasy as it doesn't dry out and not much there
I much prefer Scarborough's Low North Park as it is more varied and much larger - 10 to 15 times bigger and only costs £95 for the year

Further to go, but worth it and make a day of it

I've just caught up with this thread. What great pics Wassy, you must be very proud of how he's progressing.

Excellent stuff for so many reasons.

Paul g

Before you join
Go have a look on foot first
It can be greasy as it doesn't dry out and not much there
I much prefer Scarborough's Low North Park as it is more varied and much larger - 10 to 15 times bigger and only costs £95 for the year

Further to go, but worth it and make a day of it

Thanks, I’d heard it was a bit boggy so will have a look before committing. I’ll make some enquiries about the Scarborough one as well 👍🏻

I've just caught up with this thread. What great pics Wassy, you must be very proud of how he's progressing.

Excellent stuff for so many reasons.

Paul g

Thanks, yes he’s a good lad. The weekend was a bit of a challenge for him mainly because of the bigger wheels on the petrol bike but we are going to practice tight turns this week and see how the weekend goes.

Pfffft another nipper soon to be better at trials than me :mad:

Good one :beerjug:

Thanks, I’d heard it was a bit boggy so will have a look before committing. I’ll make some enquiries about the Scarborough one as well

Very boggy and greasy - never dries out and feels a bit foreboding

Scarborough has it all - moorland & heathland
Gullies, hillclimbs, trees, roots, rocks galore and water sections - all natural and it's massive - must be 70-100 acres
Plus there are man made rocks and tough stuff - good enough for a SuperTrial or British Championship Round
Toilets
Cafe at weekends - when a Trial is on
Totally private and secure too, as it's fenced

Harewood dale is excellent, very good for kids and dads desperate to rekindle their yoof ;)

All the best to your son wassy. Really good to read the thread. (And all the best to you too :thumb ) nothing better than a father son combo.

Going to be an observer at the Wallace cup trials tomorrow and everytime I come back, just want to get on one and ride ... but I know, it is not as easy as it looks.

Have fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All the best to your son wassy. Really good to read the thread. (And all the best to you too :thumb ) nothing better than a father son combo.

Going to be an observer at the Wallace cup trials tomorrow and everytime I come back, just want to get on one and ride ... but I know, it is not as easy as it looks.

Have fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, we’ve been out at Wensley for a trial today and it’s looking like I’ll have to get a bike and follow him round as he’s outgrowing the small course. A few dads ride round but don’t do any of the sections I’m thinking that if I have to enter I might as well have a go at the easier stuff.

Wensley today

Attachments

• 429908EF-726C-48CC-A6AE-08147B21A2E9.jpg
    429908EF-726C-48CC-A6AE-08147B21A2E9.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 233

Back
Top Bottom