1980 G/S 800 crash bars

monster-mash

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether crash bars from a R model airheads will fit, was hoping to find one with stand too. Information regarding this issue seams to be a little bewildering to a newbie.

I think they do...not 100% sure. But you obviously know you won't have a sidestand. Remember to get all the fixtures and fittings as well as this can really rack up the costing!
You can get an aftermarket set with sidestand for about £400 :eek: IIRC from the usual suppliers.

I have a chrome set from a ST with stand I’d sell. Same as G/S but chromed. Pm me if interested.

Stands shouldn't be too hard to find, most folks take them off and fit what they describe as a proper one!

The G/S stand might be a different length to some others, so check the parts list for compatibility.

Hello all and thankyou for your reply's, so it seems i can use bars from R's except for those mention by Backplate. Scooter Paul I am interested but for some reason i cannot PM? that may be because I have registered but not actually subscribed??? i need to subscribe really for just the invaluable info alone. If you can Scooter paul mail me information price condition etc to shireswhitmore@btinternet.com
Thanks again

Hello all and thankyou for your reply's, so it seems i can use bars from R's except for those mention by Backplate. Scooter Paul I am interested but for some reason i cannot PM? that may be because I have registered but not actually subscribed??? i need to subscribe really for just the invaluable info alone. If you can Scooter paul mail me information price condition etc to shireswhitmore@btinternet.com
Thanks again
EmIl sent with photo.

MonsterMash

You can subscribe for a mere £12.... and it’ll pay for itself several times over IMHO.
Good luck with your airhead..... get some pictures up once you subscribe.

Bubb

Back
Top Bottom