Meandering around Europe August 2018

Nice vids.

Multiple camera angles really allows you to make more interesting - or at least more varied - videos. I run 3 VIRBs and a Sena 10C.

A friend of mine teaches web design, writes music, and does some video production. After watching my Sotres trail video he commented that it needed more edits - shorter clips. Kids today need constant barrage on the senses - I think that's where he's coming from. He was watching my video as a non-biker. I pointed out that I'd put my videos together with a biker viewership in mind, not a general public viewership.

He commented on music too. I have F&F edits of my Sotres videos, with my own preferred music - Led Zeppelin, KT Tunstall, Gordon Giltrap, John Mayer, America, Bell X1, Credence... But my YT edits use copyright-free music. Matey says YT will only take down videos that feature regular music if the video is monetised.

I use DaVinci Resolve 15 - completely free, and very good. Mostly intuitive, lots of how-to stuff on YT.

I find it hard to whittle out the non-best bits - some trips just feature only great roads & scenery.

Image stability is a big thing. Some mounts on my mate's bike resulted in very wobbly footage - barely usable, and largely a waste of memory and battery. So we're still experimenting with mounts. VIRBs do have a stabilised mode - must have a play with that.

Very good! I'm going to try some different mount positions for my cameras this year and try to make a video approaching your high standard (that'll be hard for me!)

Very good! I'm going to try some different mount positions for my cameras this year and try to make a video approaching your high standard (that'll be hard for me!)

Lol, I wouldn't call that standard high by any means. Just the workings of some chap meddling about with a GoPro and an oldish PC. Tis fun though! :p

Enjoyed that Hatcho. Good to see IBFers having fun in the Alps. That Gavia pass is one narrow road in parts. Was about 6 inches from the edge there on the pan a few years ago. But no 99s?

Enjoyed that Hatcho. Good to see IBFers having fun in the Alps. That Gavia pass is one narrow road in parts. Was about 6 inches from the edge there on the pan a few years ago. But no 99s?

Twas a great trip alright - hoping to go back again next year. Gavia was quite the experience alright very different from all the other passes we took. Hunted hard for the 99's, but had to settle for the Italian gelatos instead! :p

If you spent less time meandering around Wicklow!!!

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom