Meandering around Europe August 2018

Hatcho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x_T1bBChGt0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Made this wee vid recently - compiled from footage and pics from our trip around Europe last summer (oh I so miss the sunshine!)

Traveled through Germany, Austria, Italy and Slovenia - lots of fun passes and twisty bits along the way, all washed down with some tasty grub and good beer! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_T1bBChGt0&index=82&t=0s&list=PLovEPk-nicF_uZLoIOjA1zrursebz7Jaf

Made this wee vid recently - compiled from footage and pics from our trip around Europe last summer (oh I so miss the sunshine!)

Traveled through Germany, Austria, Italy and Slovenia - lots of fun passes and twisty bits along the way, all washed down with some tasty grub and good beer! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_T1bBChGt0&index=82&t=0s&list=PLovEPk-nicF_uZLoIOjA1zrursebz7Jaf

I enjoyed that, thanks for all your work in preparing this for our enjoyment.
I've thought about doing similar as I'm taken a lot of video of similar passes to you.
What software did you use for the clever photo bits and music overplay?

Great stuff !

Makes you want to escape the office and ride...

I enjoyed that, thanks for all your work in preparing this for our enjoyment.
I've thought about doing similar as I'm taken a lot of video of similar passes to you.
What software did you use for the clever photo bits and music overplay?

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. Think I've enough footage to make several videos from the trip! :rolleyes:

I used a video editing program called Videopad - it's available as a free download here - https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

You get a few trial goes with it before you are asked to purchase and register. Registration keys are posted all over the internet, but the software is so good it deserves a legit purchase.

The learning curve is pretty good - you can get to grip with the basics fairly quickly - the VideoPad folks have done some decent tutorial videos to get you going. There are also lots of user videos about special effects stuff on YouTube.

Well done Hatcho. I’m mulling over what’s best for my trips at the moment. The full video or stills and music. I don’t want making a movie to distract from being ‘in’ the trip. I do enjoy the whole creation bit and I’m sure editing would be good fun though.
Glenn

Excellent video - really enjoyed that and thanks for sharing it with us. :thumb2

Well done Hatcho. I’m mulling over what’s best for my trips at the moment. The full video or stills and music. I don’t want making a movie to distract from being ‘in’ the trip. I do enjoy the whole creation bit and I’m sure editing would be good fun though.
Glenn

I know what you mean - sometimes it's just better to take it all in instead of faffing about with cameras and the like. I wanted to capture some of the great experiences of the trip, but at the same time, I didn't want it to become a videoing exercise. Mostly I would setup the cam when we were stopped, and then click record if something interesting was happening. Next time we stopped, I'd move the cam to another point of view. If I didn't record something so be it - all stored inside my head anyways.

Fair play to you - the editing is the bit I dread the most! But it is worth it in the end. :thumb2 Watching back through the footage and still pics has brought back loads of good memories - each time I go through it I get the yearning to jump on the bike and go touring again!

Cracking video... :thumb

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. Think I've enough footage to make several videos from the trip! :rolleyes:

I used a video editing program called Videopad - it's available as a free download here - https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

You get a few trial goes with it before you are asked to purchase and register. Registration keys are posted all over the internet, but the software is so good it deserves a legit purchase.

The learning curve is pretty good - you can get to grip with the basics fairly quickly - the VideoPad folks have done some decent tutorial videos to get you going. There are also lots of user videos about special effects stuff on YouTube.

I bought video editing software a couple of years ago and it's still in the box - don't even remember who made it!
When I look at my footage of passes they all start to look similar and after watching it for a short while even I lose interest - doing it to music (short clips of video) might help with stills thrown in too.

I bought video editing software a couple of years ago and it's still in the box - don't even remember who made it!
When I look at my footage of passes they all start to look similar and after watching it for a short while even I lose interest - doing it to music (short clips of video) might help with stills thrown in too.

Quite true - when I wrote the blog for the trip - https://hatchoseurotrip2018.blogspot.com/2018/09/paddys-go-on-tour-2018-planning-stage_3.html - I just used unedited clips as I was feeling lazy. But for someone who wasn't even there - they must become quite boring after a minute or two. Putting the effort into making a compilation of the interesting bits is worth it. I'm no fan of the editing stage, but once I got to grips with the software a bit it made things easier. Another good tip is to film from several different points of view - it makes the final product a lot more interesting.

Enjoyed that.
What camera were you using as the image stabilisation appeared very good.
I was guessing one of the GoPro models

Enjoyed that.
What camera were you using as the image stabilisation appeared very good.
I was guessing one of the GoPro models

All of the footage was shot on a GoPro Hero 3+. They are quite long in the tooth now and don't have any image stabilisation built in. However, I did spend a fair while playing around with different mount setups before the trip to get the steadiest footage I could.

Do you ever have Youtube block your vids for music copy-write. They did this with one of my vids.

All of the footage was shot on a GoPro Hero 3+. They are quite long in the tooth now and don't have any image stabilisation built in. However, I did spend a fair while playing around with different mount setups before the trip to get the steadiest footage I could.

Thanks
You did a good job there.
I am looking at using some Sorbothane material / rig to try and dampen out my Hero3. Something to do now retired :rob

Thanks
You did a good job there.
I am looking at using some Sorbothane material / rig to try and dampen out my Hero3. Something to do now retired :rob

I used these https://www.banggood.com/Bike-Bicycle-High-Strength-Straps-Holder-For-Cellphone-Lights-Computer-p-83385.html?rmmds=search&ID=224&cur_warehouse=CN

Once you have the GoPro in its mount, just use one of the rubber straps to tether it to somewhere on the bike - it gets rid of virtually all the vibes coming from the bike. In some of the footage in the vids above you can see the blue strap I used near the dash of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom