BasCamp - RIP

If they added a feature to transfer wirelessly via WiFi or Bluetooth from an iPad or iPhone, it would be perfect.

True dat!

I've a card reader for the ipad but it's just that, a reader - will not send files from ipad to card as far as I see. Don't think my Zumo will accept anything wirelessly but bluetooth clearly has potential (with a bit of firmware buggaration - waay beyond my ability tho'

Iirc motogoloco.co.uk can plot routes, import others ie Ride routes, share them and output them in form that TT and Garmin will work with.
As web based you can access from any pc and tx routes by usb cable so good on the fly replanning where necessary

Kurviger is also good I use it in cobination with Scenic app

Kurviger is also good I use it in cobination with Scenic app

I do like the option of different levels of curviness on Kurviger although I suspect there are a few bugs in it.
Doing some routes to and from Santander over to Portugal for later in the year, it kept trying to add either Portsmouth or Plymouth into the route for no apparent reason

True dat!

I've a card reader for the ipad but it's just that, a reader - will not send files from ipad to card as far as I see. Don't think my Zumo will accept anything wirelessly but bluetooth clearly has potential (with a bit of firmware buggaration - waay beyond my ability tho'

Neat solution to that problem: RavPower FileHub (RAVPower FileHub Plus, Wireless Travel Router, SD Card Reader USB Portable Hard Drive Companion, DLNA NAS Sharing Media Streamer 6700mAh External Battery Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TI3WQJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_6gaGCbSTA8MZ8)

That connects wirelessly (WiFi) to your iPad, you connect your Garmin Nav 6 (or Zumo, I assume it works as well) to the FileHub via the USB cable and your Garmin SD card mounts in the FileHub app on your iPad. You can transfer files from Scenic (Great app, that’s what I use) trough the FileHub app onto your Garmin card, ready for import. Very portable, great when touring and you only want to carry a tablet, or even phone.

ade5c89608ea5385a99f62bd734d008b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have edited out the question about transfering video films, putting them into a fresh thread in the Photograpy section.

Not sure if I've missed something but I just compared the version I have for Mac to the one on the Mac App store. The Mac App Store version was newer at 4.8.3 and was updated to 64bit two weeks ago.

Not sure if I've missed something but I just compared the version I have for Mac to the one on the Mac App store. The Mac App Store version was newer at 4.8.3 and was updated to 64bit two weeks ago.

I ran Basecamp and I was on 4.7.0 on my Apple Mac. No updates were offered. Went into the App Store and saw there, as you found, that 4.8.3 is indeed available and is headlined as a 64 bit piece of software

Been using My Route App on the mac (Cloud) for the last year or so, really like it and its easy to transfer routes to any device, including Garmin.

Second that, I'm using it on Win10 with both TomTom 550 and Nav-6. Works a treat for me.

Seems expensive if you are ok with Basecamp wrt route creation. £30 p.a. vs Free

I received Tyre Pro with an earlier TomTom free of charge and as MyRoute-app is from the same company, they gave a good discount for a "Gold" Lifetime licence, if I recall correctly it was about £25.00.

I've never used Basecamp as the Nav-6 is my first Garmin so not familiar with this software. Being that I already have MyRoute-app there's not been any need to try Basecamp other than when I downloaded it to take a look. I've found that MyRoute-app does all I need and includes the correct Maps for both TomTom and Garmin. Besides as it's Cloud based, the routes for this year's Tour have been easy to share with others on the same trip.

Back
Top Bottom