Tyre pressure sensors

all the force when riding is to throw the battery into the casing ….not against hot melt glue or other sealant you used

Not sure I follow. Question is about corrosion from acetoxy silicones that are not spec-ed for use on electrical components. I read your answer as implying that anything can be used, but that is not the case

thought u meant for strength, video I've seen says to use hotmelt glue.... its a BMW electrics are designed to fail to an intensively researched and engineered timeline... they will die when BM wanted not because of the silicone you used

thought u meant for strength, video I've seen say to use hotmelt glue.... its a BMW electrics are designed to fail to an intensively researched and engineered timeline... they will die when BM wanted not because of the silicone you used

Thanks for responding. My question above is clear. I don't agree with your final comment - the idea that silicone can have zero effect, I'm afraid, makes no sense - conductive silicones, for example, could short the battery, and corrosive ones could corrode the contacts. I think one needs to be careful about posting comments of that type as others may take them literally and as authoritative, and yours cannot be taken as such

If it helps I have used a hot melt glue gun in the past with no problems and the glue does not retain enough heat to upset the battery.
The battery can be held in place with a spike whilst it quickly sets.
If using a RTV sealant I would use Wurth RTV.
To be 100% safe use a purpose designed potting compound from RS components.

If it helps I have used a hot melt glue gun in the past with no problems and the glue does not retain enough heat to upset the battery.
The battery can be held in place with a spike whilst it quickly sets.
If using a RTV sealant I would use Wurth RTV.
To be 100% safe use a purpose designed potting compound from RS components.

Thanks. The RS neutral cure silicone info sheet says that it does not have good adhesion to plastic and I am not certain what the pressure sensor housing is made out of, so I discounted that product. The Everbuild from Toolstation says it has good adhesion to most materials including plastics.

Hot glue makes sense to me for that reason - it will have great adhesion, and also is non-conductive / corrosive.

Back
Top Bottom