V300x

Road tested one last week...very nice...clutch light as a feather and very pokey for a 300..very light and flickable.. only real bad points are rock hard seat and no bash plates available in Europe..

Versys 300X? Yes I have one, a 2017 leftover purchased last year. I really enjoy the bike but agree with you the seat is pretty bad. In the US we get the factory low seat, some markets (Netherlands and others?) get the taller seat as standard. I replaced my stock seat with Kawasaki's taller seat and it is an incremental improvement, it is thankfully taller but still rock hard and positions me just as close to the tank as the low version. I just received a Seat Concepts kit which I'll fit in the next few weeks or so and report back. I must say I've been VERY pleased with SC's seats on my other bikes.
I like this bike because it's light and flickable, offers a nice standard riding position, 19" front wheel is nice for bad tarmac and dirt roads, good power, good wind management, overall a very pleasant motorcycle.

Road tested one last week...very nice...clutch light as a feather and very pokey for a 300..very light and flickable.. only real bad points are rock hard seat and no bash plates available in Europe..

Ditto , really enjoyed it but didn't notice the seat, probably not a long enough ride.

I enoyed it too, really light and definitely a revver but I don't see that as a problem, seems a reliable enough unit in other applications and I found it good fun.

It's not a trail bike but I'd be happy doing unmade roads and a bit of light off road given my off road skills/motivation i.e. shit/minimal.

I'd be happy doing some solo adventures on it as it does have the legs for longer trips without driving me bonkers.

A good bike IMHO.

I appreciate the more traily orientated tripper will gravitate towards the CRF Rally which is a far better off road proposition but at not much over 20hp would drive me bonkers given the sort of riding I like.

The just plain insane and and the infirm will be pulled in by the quaint black hole that is the RE H which is 30 kilos heavier, not bad at off road but frankly, although a lovely, charming thing, can't pull the skin off a rice pudding on road. Many claims made for it being capable of sustained 70 mph plus but frankly I think the first big headwind, hill , combination of the two will peg that back to a more natural 55mph plus a bit .

Looking forward to more of these smaller bikes coming to the fore I find them quite refreshing with their relative lack of tech, good pricing and fun factor.

They don't replace my TC yet but for many others they'll probably be just the ticket so have a try before rushing out to buy the latest techno behemoth (again).

Back
Top Bottom