CBT Recommendations Edinburgh

DANE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Eldest daughter has expressed an interest in learning to ride a moped for commuting between sites in Edinburgh

Any recommendation for a good training centre ?

Saltire suzuki

Or, if you are other side of town, motorrad central at Dalkeith have a new training scheme.

I would recommend that, even if she rides a scooter, she learns/passes on a geared bike.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks folk - let’s see how she likes the weather, not sure where she got this idea as she has never been on the back of my bike but does cycle around at the moment.

All are as good as the rest although BMW Dalkieth are very very good.

If she goes ahead with it be aware that whatever she gets WILL be stolen in Edinburgh. It is the worst place you will find for bike theft.

I found TwoWheels rather ...ummm... "unapproachable". (In the "we have enough business so we've hiked the prices and can't be bothered...so fek off" kind of way.)

ProScot in Kirkcaldy are a 30 minute drive and were about at least 25% cheaper for DAS. Decent training too and had at least one lady instructor when I was there a few years back. Some of the female peruasion find that a benefit. I didn't care either way as long as they are good. And they were. If she drives a car or has more time than money, that may be an option, but probably only if she decides to go for more than just a CBT.
just thinking aloud of options for you...

That, was Edinburgh Motorcycle Training Scheme. Originally at Georgie market, then moved out passed Saughton.

That's going back some! Sid and wife ???? ran the RAC/ACU scheme at the old Gorgie market. The missus learned to ride there on a Bantam.

That's going back some! Sid and wife ???? ran the RAC/ACU scheme at the old Gorgie market. The missus learned to ride there on a Bantam.
Sheila Rinning; she got an mbe for services to motorcycling.

Was the oldest training scheme in Scotland. They taught people to ride, not to just pass the test.

Eldest daughter has expressed an interest in learning to ride a moped for commuting between sites in Edinburgh

Any recommendation for a good training centre ?

Help her get on 4 wheels, safer me thinks :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom