My new R80 GS Dakar

Coops18

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well is finally arrived and I am so pleased with it. :beerjug:

Old school in all ways and I am so looking forward to many miles together.:thumb

Attachments

• IMG_6831.jpg
    IMG_6831.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_6827.jpg
    IMG_6827.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:
Looks very original,

I am no expert on them though, my G/s is not original, I hated the scary front brake, and I don’t need the big tank, and I made a custom stainless sidestand, that I can actually use.

Looks nice though.

Looks very original,

I am no expert on them though, my G/s is not original, I hated the scary front brake, and I don’t need the big tank, and I made a custom stainless sidestand, that I can actually use.

Looks nice though.

Well, this is one thing I was surprised about....how well it brakes. So much lighter than my GSA and its all you need for this bike.

Looks uncannily like mine, except I have a small Flatracer front guard on their tubular brace, a 320 floating disk.and OEM style pods with a rev counter and oil pressure gauge.

And a Flying Teapot side stand.

Fitted a small Gletter exhaust can too, as at the time there wasn't a lot around in the way of replacement OEM style cans or heatshields.

Sits up high on the center stand too, and is a pig to to get it there. But suspension is set up uber soft so that probably makes it worse

Mine does show the signs of almost 500,000 hard km so not quite as fresh!

After breaking a couple of sets of front indicator brackets I now support them off the bars with a large cable tie, and after the rear carrier broke I stiffened the new one with a brace from the indicator bolt to the bolt at the rear of the pannier frame.

That's a great bike. It used to be mine. Here it is on its way to a Silver Medal in the 2010 Lands End Trial.

Steve

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 400
Hi Steve,

Sorry for my late response.

Great to see that the bike has been used and enjoyed....I am loving it too and its has gone to a good home.

Thank you for sharing

Simon

Back
Top Bottom