Heated seats.

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The heated seats on my l/c rt have stopped working. Aprently they arnt covered under warranty. I don’t think it could be the seats anyway as the 2 arnt working. The little symbols come on when their switched on but no heat. Anyone got any ideas? JJH

Relay/Fuse? GS911 to fault find? Or Motoscan to Fault find?. I'd check fuses and relays firs and go from there.

There are no fuses as far as I know and not sure if the GS911 will show the fault.
Follow the leads back and unplug and plug in any connectors you find.
The full dress BMW's can be very grimy under the bodywork, It is not a bad idea to schedule a full body off clean and ACF.
The heated seats are lovely every top spec bike should have them.

A trip to your dealer is the order of the day then. They MUST be covered by the standard warranty.

I wonder if there is a relay for the seats?
Re: disconnecting battery, i have disconnected mine loads of times without issue.

Of course they're covered under warranty. You didn't buy the bike seat-less and go elsewhere for the seats.
anyway, as said above, it's more likely to be a bike technology issue than a physical seat issue.

The heated seats on my l/c rt have stopped working. Aprently they arnt covered under warranty. I don’t think it could be the seats anyway as the 2 arnt working. The little symbols come on when their switched on but no heat. Anyone got any ideas? JJH

Two year warranty, but you know that, patx12 posted plug and unplug, have you done that, you posted they are pluged inn, unplug and a spot of ACF50 on the connectors with a small paint brush may help, then plug and unplug a couple of times

There are no fuses as far as I know and not sure if the GS911 will show the fault.
Follow the leads back and unplug and plug in any connectors you find.
The full dress BMW's can be very grimy under the bodywork, It is not a bad idea to schedule a full body off clean and ACF.
The heated seats are lovely every top spec bike should have them.

The heated seats are controlled by the Canbus and supplied via the GMS Control Unit, no fuses after the battery.
A GS 911 autoscan should report a heated seat fault as it knows if the heated grips are OK or not.

manual

Warranty is second hand. I agree with most posters who seem to think it’s connectors. I’m going to test the seats and see if I have a circuit. If I can I’ll swap seats with another bike. That will tell me if it’s bike or seats. Thanks for all the reply’s. JJH

Back
Top Bottom